News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Pak64 go to 30~35 FPS when total zoom out

Started by Snake, September 04, 2020, 09:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snake

Other Pak's run fine on 60 FPS (I modify the config file to go to 60). All the other pak's like 128 and 192 comic run on 60 FPS all time but 64 no when I total zoom out. Normal or a bug ? Thanks !

Andarix

With pak64, 4x as many objects are visible as with pak128 with the same image size. The more objects, the less fps.

Snake

Quote from: Andarix on September 04, 2020, 10:12:38 PM
With pak64, 4x as many objects are visible as with pak128 with the same image size. The more objects, the less fps.
So It's more easy run 128~192 than 64 ? The only strange thing is, one level before I total zoom out the game run on 60 FPS...

Andarix

It depends on what screen resolution you have. The higher the resolution, the more objects fit on it.

One pak128 tile corresponds to 4 pak64 tiles.

If forests come into view, the number of objects increases considerably, as 3 or more trees can stand on each tile (simuconf.tab - max_no_of_trees_on_square).

25 - 30 fps are sufficient for Simutrans.

Snake

Quote from: Andarix on September 04, 2020, 11:20:26 PM
It depends on what screen resolution you have. The higher the resolution, the more objects fit on it.

One pak128 tile corresponds to 4 pak64 tiles.

If forests come into view, the number of objects increases considerably, as 3 or more trees can stand on each tile (simuconf.tab - max_no_of_trees_on_square).

25 - 30 fps are sufficient for Simutrans.
So it's all good for me, run 60 FPS all time, just in this case go to 35. Thanks ! :done:

prissi

On a server simutrans will run 15 fps pe default. So fps is rather meaningless for Simutrans, even more since the vehicles will be just moving pixelwise.