News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Possible slowdown in devolopment of Pak256.America

Started by RealAmerican1776, August 14, 2020, 02:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RealAmerican1776

Hello everyone. I went to doctors yesterday and I have some bad news... I might have cancer. There doing a test either next week or the week after but if it is cancer I'll be going into treatment and that will slowdown my development of Pak256.America. If I can bring my laptop into the treatment center that will be great, but if it is anything like the treatment they give me for my blood clotting disorder, then I'm going to be very tired. I just wanted to let everyone know about the possible slowdown.

KneeOn

I'm terribly sorry to hear this. Please PM if I can be of some help in a small way.

jamespetts

I am very sorry to hear that - very best wishes.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

RealAmerican1776

Thank you, I'll try to get as much done before the test which is on the 25th. And then, if it is positive I'll just do as much as I can until the treatments. Like I said, if it is like the current treatment I get for my blood clotting disorder, I'm not going to get a lot done while in treatment. But if it's not, well then that would be great. It is a new doctor, so he might just be going through the possibilities. Plus, I have another disorder (not the blood clotting one) called DiGeorge syndrome, so I have kidney issues, a small hole in my heart from when I trouble with my heart as a baby, and the blood clotting disorder is related to the syndrome. The blood disorder is what led the doctor to think I have cancer along with the kidney issues and other stuff I have had recently such as tiredness, mussel issues stomach problems etc. Anyway, we're now thinking it could just be connected with the DiGeorge syndrome and not cancer. I have had the blood disorder for ten years guys! The fact that just now they are looking into cancer, leads me to believe I don't have it because within the decade you would think that the doctors would have looked into cancer.

Besides, I'm not worried about the cancer so much as I'm worried more about the test because I know it's going to hurt.

Matthew

It's rubbish that your health still isn't good, whether it's due to cancer, diGeorge Syndrome or any other cause.

You are in my thoughts and prayers as a valued member of the Simutrans community.

It would be good to keep posted if you feel able, but take things at your own pace. It's OK to take time to process things.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

RealAmerican1776

Thank you. Don't worry about me. I've been dealing with these issues since I was a baby. I've grown to accept that it's just part of my life.

RealAmerican1776

Hello everyone. Just an update, I had the test today and the doctor's say we should get results back either tomorrow or the day after. Even though they drilled into one of my bones, it was actually an easy procedure, the worst part was when they numbed the area where they put the needle in as it burned. When the drilling began, it was just pressure. I thought it was going to be much worse. I just wanted to give you guys a heads up that we should have results soon.

jamespetts

Gosh, that does not sound nice at all - I am glad that you are coping with this. Very best wishes!

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

RealAmerican1776

Thank you. They said that the area where they stuck the needle, the numbness is going to ware off and it's going to get sore. I can already feel the medicine wearing off, I can take a pain reliever to help but the doctors say it's going to be sore for a few days. The video I watched before the surgery said that in the pelvis (where they drilled and took the bone marrow) there are vein's  where blood flows so there might be bleeding as well

RealAmerican1776

Well everyone, I do not have cancer, we went to the doctors today and the bone marrow test was normal. So no treatment and no slowdown in devolpment. Just wanted to let everyone know everything is fine.

prissi

jamespetts

Quote from: TheRoadmaster1996 on September 11, 2020, 01:13:54 AM
Well everyone, I do not have cancer, we went to the doctors today and the bone marrow test was normal. So no treatment and no slowdown in devolpment. Just wanted to let everyone know everything is fine.

Excellent! That is a happy thing indeed.