News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Simutrans on Steam updated to 121.0

Started by Roboron, October 09, 2020, 08:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roboron

Hello Simutrans Community. I've taken the responsability to maintain Simutrans on Steam. I asked to join the team because Simutrans on Steam has been outdated since the 121.0 release, and this week HaydenRead gave me admin privileges.

I've been learning how to deploy Simutrans for Steam, and finally I updated the game to version 121.0

I've created an announcement on Steam.

From now on, you can rely on me to solve Steam-related issues of Simutrans.

prissi

Great. Maybe make the sourcecode of the modifications for steam a little easier to find too, maybe even put the steam part to the SVN? Theoretically it has to be somehwere linked from the steam website ...

Mishasama

Because of some reason. I am looking for volunteers who can help me update the Pak64.Nightly.

I'm helping to build the Chinese community for now.
如果您是使用中文的玩家,歡迎到這裏尋找同好或張貼您們組織的聯係方式。
如果你是中文玩家,欢迎来这个帖子里找组织或者贴出你们的联系方式。

Matthew

Mishasama, do you want to continue playing an old save game? If you do, then you can use the 'Betas' option to reverse the update. Do you need a tutorial for this?
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

Mishasama

Quote from: Matthew on October 11, 2020, 12:19:00 AM
Mishasama, do you want to continue playing an old save game? If you do, then you can use the 'Betas' option to reverse the update. Do you need a tutorial for this?
No, I had tried to delete the simutrans folder in documents, still not work.
Because of some reason. I am looking for volunteers who can help me update the Pak64.Nightly.

Roboron

Quote from: prissi on October 10, 2020, 11:48:30 AMGreat. Maybe make the sourcecode of the modifications for steam a little easier to find too, maybe even put the steam part to the SVN? Theoretically it has to be somehwere linked from the steam website ...

Unfortunately, the code related to Steam is nowhere available. The Steam preloader is a complete blackbox to me, as it is to you. I requested the source code to Hayden but he told me he has probably lost the source in a disk failure.

In the future, I will have to either rewrite the preloader from scratch, or just get rid of the preloader and include Steam funcionality into Simutrans source code itself (that would be the way to go if we want to include things like Achievements in the future). For now, it works, so I just updated the simutrans executables with the one you provide on SourceForge (for windows) and a self-compiled mixer_SDL2 version for linux (which unfortunately only plays music on half of the systems *sigh*).

Quote from: Mishasama on October 10, 2020, 09:46:09 PMI can't run the game after update. :(

Mishasama, ¿do you play on Windows? Some windows users have reported missing SDL2.dll - I have now fixed it.
Anyway, the core game doesn't require the .dll, only the preloader, so you should be able to play in Safe Mode. The .dll was incorrectly deployed with the game instead of the preloader, that's why it didn't work. Maybe more .dll for the preloader are still missing, so let me know if you can't start the preloader.

Mishasama

Quote from: Roboron on October 11, 2020, 08:45:34 AM
Mishasama, ¿do you play on Windows? Some windows users have reported missing SDL2.dll - I have now fixed it.
Anyway, the core game doesn't require the .dll, only the preloader, so you should be able to play in Safe Mode. The .dll was incorrectly deployed with the game instead of the preloader, that's why it didn't work. Maybe more .dll for the preloader are still missing, so let me know if you can't start the preloader.

Nevermind, that's me. ;)
Maybe you should put the Steam into Simutrans. But should be a separate version just for steam, to keep some steam hater happy :)