News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Scheduled & Departures graphs do not match

Started by Vladki, October 16, 2020, 01:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vladki

This used to be OK, but is wrong since a few months.  Scheduled graph shows correct number of scheduled departures, but the "departures"graph does not. After closer look it seems to count scheduled departures with reversal twice. Scheduled departures without reversal are counted correctly.

Mariculous

Quote from: Vladki on October 16, 2020, 01:55:58 PMAfter closer look it seems to count scheduled departures with reversal twice
Yes, it does... sometimes. Not exactly sure when it does and when it does not.

Rollmaterial

The bug seems to have disappeared overnight. Can you confirm?

freddyhayward

Quote from: Rollmaterial on December 27, 2020, 09:00:48 PMThe bug seems to have disappeared overnight. Can you confirm?
No, I still have it in the latest version. It is a result of the feature that allows a second loading after reversing and waiting at signals. I tried to fix it in the past but that section of the code is far too complicated. The bug could be fixed instantly by removing that feature.

jamespetts

Quote from: freddyhayward on December 27, 2020, 10:14:47 PM
No, I still have it in the latest version. It is a result of the feature that allows a second loading after reversing and waiting at signals. I tried to fix it in the past but that section of the code is far too complicated. The bug could be fixed instantly by removing that feature.

Removing a feature to fix a UI bug does not seem to be a sensible way to approach development...
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

freddyhayward

Quote from: jamespetts on December 28, 2020, 12:05:54 AMRemoving a feature to fix a UI bug does not seem to be a sensible way to approach development...
There are a number of other bugs and irregularities caused by this feature that are extremely hard to diagnose because of the complexity of the code. Of course, I don't advocate removing it.