News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Ways disappear from the menu in ungerground view mode

Started by Mariculous, January 22, 2021, 02:29:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mariculous

The title and image should tell the whole story.
In underground mode, tracks are hidden from the menu. I guess this was recently introduced with the merges from standard. In standard this makes sense as there is no concept of ways in tunnels, there's simply tunnels. But in extended where we can change the tracks in tunnels, tracks should also show up in underground view mode.

Ranran(retired)

https://github.com/Ranran-the-JuicyPork/simutrans-extended/commit/27466815b0755bdac76c8a1a3214f7e9a257c874
It was incorporated from the standard by Phystam. I don't know what it was needed for.
Anyway, if I revert it, it seems to return to the original behavior, so I reverted it.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

jamespetts

Splendid, thank you: now incorporated. I should be grateful if people could confirm to-morrow whether this is working again.

I should note that I suspect that what has happened is that Standard does not allow ways to be built underground, as it does not treat tunnels as separate from ways, so chooses not to display unbuildable ways in underground mode. Since Extended now allows ways to be built inside tunnels, this was reversed in Extended some time ago; incorporating a Standard change may well have reverted this.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ranran(retired)

The commit number for the current nightly build is #f01c37f, which means that the fix hasn't been incorporated yet.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)