News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Freight wagons for tramways

Started by passengerpigeon, June 26, 2021, 03:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

passengerpigeon

I've noticed that the small railway freight wagons, of the type simply called "[cargo type] wagon" with a top speed of 25kph, say that they can use tramways. However, past the early years of rail transport there are no locomotives that can use tramways, and street-running heavy rail tracks do not appear until later. Could you (jamespetts or any other dev) clone these freight wagons to allow them to appear in the tram depot for haulage by tram engines, or is there a balancing/realism reason that this has not been done already?

jamespetts

I have moved this to the pakset section as this is a pakset specific matter. The tramway locomotives in the relevant era are horses - are you not able to get horses to work on tramways of this era with freight wagons?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

passengerpigeon

Quote from: jamespetts on August 22, 2021, 11:58:24 AM
I have moved this to the pakset section as this is a pakset specific matter. The tramway locomotives in the relevant era are horses - are you not able to get horses to work on tramways of this era with freight wagons?

I know I'm late replying, but the problem is that the wagons are only available in railway depots; rail waytype horses cannot be built after the mid-19th century due to the railway stable going obsolete. This could be solved by either making copies of these wagons and defining them as trams (so they can be built in the tram depot for haulage by the tram-horses and steam dummies) or making railway horses available at a later date.

jamespetts

I would suggest connecting a railway depot to your tramway for running freight trams in the horse era.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.