News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Introducing regions

Started by jamespetts, June 06, 2020, 10:20:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

passengerpigeon

Quote from: Ranran on June 22, 2021, 10:00:22 PM
I created a "ignore regions" option which is similar to the ignore climatic setting.

You can test it in the following branch:
https://github.com/Ranran-the-JuicyPork/simutrans-extended/tree/ignore-regions
However, this branch is a fork of the branch I include from my standard as it was a hassle to conflict and test.
Please check after the incorporationg from the standard is completed or at the same time.

Although I can't compile from source, what seemed to work for me in the default build was changing the savegame version from 120.7 to 120.4 (in a clone of my main save). Now I've got some Cambria and Kernow on the map. Will this impact the stability of the save in other ways?

Edit: OK, turns out the regions HAD appeared in my save all along without changing the version. It was just a few isolated bits of land that weren't Albion, so I didn't notice, and they didn't have the right climate for a coal mine to be built.

jamespetts

Quote from: Ranran on June 22, 2021, 10:00:22 PM
I created a "ignore regions" option which is similar to the ignore climatic setting.

You can test it in the following branch:
https://github.com/Ranran-the-JuicyPork/simutrans-extended/tree/ignore-regions
However, this branch is a fork of the branch I include from my standard as it was a hassle to conflict and test.
Please check after the incorporationg from the standard is completed or at the same time.

An interesting option! I will have a look at that after the deployment of the merge from standard work and we have had a chance to assess whether that is working well.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ranran(retired)

I came up with displaying region names on the minimap. But unfortunately it wasn't as successful as it seemed, exposing problems in the region.

First of all, the reason why I think that the region name display function failed is that it is difficult to know which region the city is included in, as you can see from the comparison of the city list. The region name is displayed in the center of the region.
For example, Bovchester belongs to Albion, not Kernew.

This works fine with new maps. But in older maps, the region feature destroys it by overwriting the map's industrial structure, as is sometimes reported.

I think this is caused by three issues:
(1) The process of setting the region for the old map is incorrect.
For example, demo save is an old save, but a region is assigned when loading. However, many of the coordinates that indicate the range of each region are outside the map. Therefore some regions do not appear in demo.sve. As a result, the region required for a particular industry chain may not exist in the map.
This means that the old map is incompatible with the new system, which causes industrial stagnation and is sometimes reported as a bug.

(2) The range may be very narrow like the Kernew region in the above example.
If the region is all inside the ocean, it is synonymous with non-existence...

(3) There is no processing to make up for the above two errors. For instance, Exceptionally allow the construction of industry even if no suitable area is found.
(Automatically instead of manual operation like the patch submitted above.)
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

wlindley

Ranran -- Very nice! Could regions in that minimap be colour-coded, similar to route colours in the "Networks" view?

RealAmerican1776

It would certainly make the pakset a whole lot easier to know where the regions are on a map instead of searching for them manually clicking the landscape.