News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Bridge deletion corruption issues

Started by Rollmaterial, July 08, 2021, 10:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rollmaterial

Does this cause corruption when removing tunnels? Asking to avoid potential duplicate bug reports.

Mod note: This has been split from this unrelated topic

Matthew

Quote from: Rollmaterial on July 08, 2021, 10:24:58 PM
Does this cause corruption when removing tunnels? Asking to avoid potential duplicate bug reports.

I seems unlikely, though this kind of thing is way out of my depth.

I tried building tunnels in the latest client's single-player mode and nothing strange happened, though that does not test for out-of-sync errors in network games.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

Rollmaterial

What I'm describing doesn't seem to occur when removing the entire tunnel by using the general remove tool on a portal. It only occurs with the way removal tool.

Matthew

Quote from: Rollmaterial on July 09, 2021, 02:52:26 PM
What I'm describing doesn't seem to occur when removing the entire tunnel by using the general remove tool on a portal. It only occurs with the way removal tool.

I'd suggest you open a separate bug report with steps to reproduce. This bug report is about sync_step which I think (I mioght be wrong) handles routine movement of convoys, not way construction/destruction. I suggest you also skim-read these two bug reports. Also, please note whether the affected tunnels have Public right of way (PROW), because that could be important, since the PROW code was recently changed.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal

Ranran(retired)

Quote from: Rollmaterial on July 08, 2021, 10:24:58 PMDoes this cause corruption when removing tunnels? Asking to avoid potential duplicate bug reports.
This seems to be another bug. I haven't looked into it because I don't have time, but I'm guessing it's a merge retake error.

https://github.com/Ranran-the-JuicyPork/simutrans-extended/commit/c7fcb7b183fac385acedcc564267ac47368d8fcf
I don't know why the result of cherry picking this commit again was as this, but I'm guessing it was the cause.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

Matthew

Quote from: Ranran on July 09, 2021, 04:06:34 PM
This seems to be another bug. I haven't looked into it because I don't have time, but I'm guessing it's a merge retake error.

https://github.com/Ranran-the-JuicyPork/simutrans-extended/commit/c7fcb7b183fac385acedcc564267ac47368d8fcf
I don't know why the result of cherry picking this commit again was as this, but I'm guessing it was the cause.

That commit was announced in this post.