News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

github CI windows builds are missing libraries

Started by Mariculous, October 15, 2021, 03:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mariculous

I cannot run simutrans builds compiled in the CI.
It seems like the build links dynamically to libraries that are not available on a standard installation of windows.

Namely, in case of msvc builds, SDL2.dll, SDL2_mixer.dll, zlib1.dll and bz2.dll cannot be found.
In case of mingw builds, libwinpthread-1.dll, libgcc_s_seh-1.dll, libstdc++-6.dll and libbz2-1.dll cannot be found.

If there is anyone more experienced with setting this up, I'd really appreciate it to be fixed.

prissi

You can look at the github from standard, which builds everything on github, using static libaries.

Mariculous

Thanks to simutrans standard and Roboron, this has now been fixed on simutrans/simutrans-extended by porting the CMake build system from standard to extended.

prissi

Well, you still need to test on the desync which happened in extended between different build systems (or has this found out)?

Mariculous

Surely this needs to be tested.
I am currently testing a self-compiled linux build using these changes to play on BB.
So far, desyncs don't seem to appear more frequently than usual...

If anyone is interessted, I might set up nightly builds including these changes based on James master branch (i.e. without the pier system)