News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

[123.0] cmake/ directory not included in simutrans-src-123-0.zip

Started by tastytea, January 02, 2022, 06:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tastytea

simutrans-src-123-0.zip does include CMakeLists.txt but not the cmake/ directory with all the files that CMakeLists.txt includes. Please add the directory to the release ZIPs.

I want to use CMake for the official Gentoo package, so I'd rather use the official release ZIP than a snapshot from the GitHub mirror.

tastytea

Quote from: Andarix on January 02, 2022, 07:37:05 PM
see /wiki/en_CompilingSimutrans#Compiling_with_CMake

I don't understand what you're trying to tell me. I can't compile with CMake at the moment because the configure phase fails because the cmake/ directory is missing from the release ZIP.

prissi

make works well and is actually the one used for Linux builds on the nightly server and for the cross-compiling snd Android. CMake is only used for MscOD. However, one would also need to run the get_lang.sh script, essentially everything that the distribute.sh script does. Cmake does this for MacOS, but I think it was not included yet for Linux builds.

But of course I will add the Cmake directory to the zipping script for the next release (and the SVG)

Roboron

Quote from: prissi on January 03, 2022, 07:20:13 AMHowever, one would also need to run the get_lang.sh script, essentially everything that the distribute.sh script does. Cmake does this for MacOS, but I think it was not included yet for Linux builds.

It does it on every platform, if the "--target install"option is specified https://github.com/aburch/simutrans/blob/master/CMakeLists.txt#L329-L338 (you probably added it ;-) )

CMake build system was added in this version, so probably prissi's release scripts missed it because he forgot to add the new folder or something.

prissi

It does not work with Microsoft VC CMake, so probably I assumed it was not working. Anyway, the next release will include it.