News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Can't find route because axle load limit of ways too low???

Started by TransportFanMar, February 24, 2022, 03:47:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TransportFanMar

I set up a coach route between two towns in 1750, as one of my many attempts. The consist has an axle load of 1t like usual, but now I can no longer do what I used to do because it can't find a route after leaving the station. I already added a bunch of waypoints within the town to try finding the problem and it turned out to be at a turn which it had used before, which obviously had an improved way due to being in a city. Why? I didn't get this issue in previous games.

Edit: it often gets stuck at an intersection, and at different places.
Edit 2: when I sent it back to the depot it then was stuck there due to no route. Or maybe (I'm not sure) it may have been a new vehicle that got stuck. I don't understand because I've tried what feels like everything and no other vehicles have this issue.
Edit 3: To clarify, when I set its next destination to somewhere outside of the city that does NOT have to pass by bridleway the message mentions some point has a maximum axle load of 0t. When I set it to within the city, that disappears, but it still says no route despite being able to go to the depot which is a similar route. (It can't even go one tile.)

For reference my last tests were with 3 pairs of hackney horses plus the carriage with 4 high + 6 medium capacity.

Edit 4: Update didn't help but starting a new game did somehow.

Ranran(retired)

This is more of an issue with the pakset settings. Often the weight of the horse prevents him from crossing the bridge.

Quote from: TransportFanMar on February 24, 2022, 03:47:43 AMor reference my last tests were with 3 pairs of hackney horses
The more horses you connect, the more weight the convoy will have.
It should be noted that there is also a total weight limit on the bridge, which is different from the axle weight.
Without a passable bridge to cross the river, it won't find a route.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

Mariculous

... and you cannot rely on the no route message.
Practically, it's nearly always an axle load message but the actual reason is most often a bridge or in multiplayer access permissions.

Ranran(retired)

The fastest way to get a solution to this kind of problem is to submit a save file that can be reproduced reliably and share everyone's view.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)