News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Cannot edit climate information after selecting a new map image

Started by Phystam, February 24, 2022, 10:12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phystam

I created a new map and tried to change the climate, but it resets to a random map and I can't change it. After selecting a bitmap image, make sure that the small window shows the selected image. Then select Climate Settings to reset it back to a random map.
I think this is a behavior that was changed in a recent update.
See this video:
> https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/737992275220627456/946346197885517864/climate.mp4

jamespetts

Thank you for the report. This does not on the face of it seem to relate to a part of Simutrans that differs as between Standard and Extended - does anyone know whether this can be reproduced in Standard?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ranran(retired)

This cannot be reproduced with standard. This seems to be due to the changes made between June 30th and July 15th last year.
However, of the changes that have occurred in the meantime, the modifications made to welt.cc and climates.cc are minor and do not appear to have a direct impact.
The problem seems to be that some external influence has created a condition that resets the loaded_heightfield flag.
For example, the link to the loaded map image file is incorrect.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

Ranran(retired)

I think I have fixed this bug. Check the pull request #516.

Oddly enough, this bug seemed to be caused by the order in which the random map buttons and minimap were placed.
Quote from: Ranran on February 24, 2022, 10:43:32 PMThis seems to be due to the changes made between June 30th and July 15th last year.
However, the placement hasn't changed near the commit where the bug occurred, and I wonder if external factors affected it.

Anyway, the placement has been changed and adjusted.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

Phystam

This fix is an urgent issue for new players who want to start with a bitmap terrain (like me:) ).
I think this fix seems now well working and is ready to merge.