News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Crashes related to road vehicle routing

Started by Ranran(retired), March 14, 2022, 03:14:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranran(retired)

This crash has been occurring often with demo.sve for a long time now (probably more than a year).
The timing at which they occur is almost always random.
So I can't submit a save just before the crash, but it's the crash I most encounter when testing on demo.sve.

This happens even if I'm only testing the GUI, and I don't think the changes I made are related to this crash.

The coordinates of these two points are ordinary roads and appear to be connected.

EDIT:
It turns out that this happens not only in private cars but also in player's road vehicles.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

jamespetts

Interesting - thank you for the report. Can this reliably be reproduced with demo.sve running in fast forward mode for a period of time?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ranran(retired)

Quote from: jamespetts on March 14, 2022, 04:35:06 PMCan this reliably be reproduced with demo.sve running in fast forward mode for a period of time?
Probably no. In my experience this often occurs a few seconds after resuming from an automatic save.
If that does not occur at that time it is unlikely that it will.

Ranran(retired)

It turns out that this happens not only in private cars but also in player's road convoys.
I ran into this kind of crash again in demo.sve and checked the backtrace and it seems that get_weg() fails on (179,16,6) when searching for a route from (169,4,6) to (143,9,6).
However, this crash cannot always be reliably reproduced...

jamespetts

Hmm - it is extremely difficult to fix problems that cannot reliably be reproduced, as most types of fixing will involve repeatedly invoking the crash after making many small changes to test how each of those changes affects the processes leading to the crash.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.