News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

[BUG] Daughter windows cannot be opened from Depot Window

Started by Matthew, May 25, 2022, 05:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew

Steps to reproduce

1. Build and open a depot (e.g. aircraft hangar)
2. Select vehicle with passenger/freight capacity
3. Click on Change Prices and Details buttons

Expected results

The Change Prices and Details daughter windows open

Actual results

1. The daughter windows do not open.
2. The text entry focus jumps between the convoy name and the line name.

Notes

Start works correctly. Schedule seems to work if you click it on the left side. Copy convoy sometimes works and sometimes doesn't (might depend exactly where you click?). Refund doesn't work. So I guess that somehow the 'imagemap' (that's the HTML word, I don't the SDL word, but the system that maps mouse clicks to events) is offset.

The buttons work OK once the convoys leave the depot. So the issue appears to be specific to the Depot Window.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

Ranran(retired)

Thank you for your report. I have checked the behavior and there is indeed a problem with the buttons in the depot dialog. But please note that your observatioon is strictly speaking mostly innacurate. (So that those who can solve the bug do not track this issue incorrectly.)
While all buttons are operable, very poor response seems to be the essence of this problem.
If you do the action of pressing and holding for about 0.5 seconds and then releasing, everything will work. (But I don't think it is correct that we have to do it that way. This is obviously a bug.)

I think this is related to recent changes in standard finger and mouse controls. (Possibly it was r10626 that introduced this?)
Also, this does not seem to happen with click actions or arrow buttons, only with regular round_buttons.
And this seems to happen only for some older dialogs not only for depot dialog.
For example, the schedule edit dialog, which is not gui_aligned_containerized as well, suffers from this symptom. On the other hand, for some reason, the Player and Schedule List dialogs, which are not gui_aligned_containerized, do not have this symptom.
These dialogs have already been updated to the new auto-align container in standard. Therefore, even if this bug is latent in the standard code, it may not be possible to reproduce a similar bug in the standard.

EDIT:
This appears to be a broken focus in old type dialogs. This means that for some reason, certain buttons require a long press or two clicks to take focus away from that button.

EDIT2:
(1) Old type GUI
(2) There is a combobox in the same GUI
It seems to be caused by these two. So older GUIs without combobox don't have this problem.
Clicking on an irrelevant location will cause the combo box to take focus.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

Ranran(retired)

Well, I can see this bug in the standard(r10642) as well.

Reproduction procedure with standard
(1) Opens the minimap dialog.
(2) Press the show networks button to open the comboboxes.
(3) Click the combobox and "Free capacity" button alternately.

The Free capacity button does not respond as expected by the player as it requires two clicks to take focus.

EDIT:
My guess is that r10564-10566 are related.

Ranran(retired)

This has had a serious impact on the schedule deletion operations in extended at present. I apologize for any inconvenience caused.
I think I have fixed this bug, check PR#543, I think standard can fix it as well.

jamespetts

Quote from: Ranran on May 26, 2022, 03:44:41 PMThis has had a serious impact on the schedule deletion operations in extended at present. I apologize for any inconvenience caused.
I think I have fixed this bug, check PR#543, I think standard can fix it as well.
Thank you for that - fix now incorporated.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Matthew

This has been fixed in Extended with Ranran's excellent new convoy assembly UI.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。