News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Makeobj Extended doesn't run

Started by Junna, May 28, 2022, 04:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junna

Demands a bunch of libpng libraries, things I previously assumed I had, but evidently now the wrong version, so the program cannot be run, nor can I acquire those required files of the correct versions without going through the hassle of setting up virtual studio again and building it myself, if the old posts on what seemed a related topic are to go by.

I would recommend the files be included if they are required to run the program.

jamespetts

Quote from: Junna on May 28, 2022, 04:32:36 PMDemands a bunch of libpng libraries, things I previously assumed I had, but evidently now the wrong version, so the program cannot be run, nor can I acquire those required files of the correct versions without going through the hassle of setting up virtual studio again and building it myself, if the old posts on what seemed a related topic are to go by.

I would recommend the files be included if they are required to run the program.

I suspect that this might be related to the issue discussed in this post.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Matthew

Quote from: Junna on May 28, 2022, 04:32:36 PMDemands a bunch of libpng libraries, things I previously assumed I had, but evidently now the wrong version, so the program cannot be run, nor can I acquire those required files of the correct versions without going through the hassle of setting up virtual studio again and building it myself, if the old posts on what seemed a related topic are to go by.

What operating system are you using, please? The more specific you can be, the better.

Quote from: jamespetts on May 28, 2022, 05:03:10 PMI suspect that this might be related to the issue discussed in this post.

The post you have linked there is about compiling Makeobj-Extended. I think Junna is trying to run Makeobj-Extended to make graphics. It would definitely be a good thing if people could just download Makeobj-Extended and run it without having to compile it. Artists are not necessarily coders.

Did you mean this post? You fixed that issue for Sim-Ex by changing the build environment. I hope that means the parallel issue can be fixed for Makeobj-Extended too.

Coincidentally, I also tried to get Makeobj-Extended yesterday. I couldn't do so do to unrelated problems with the Python scripts, which I will post about separately after further investigation.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

Junna

Using Windows 10 (x64).

I tried to download required dll files but, I think they were perhaps not the right variants, for they were still unable to run the program (it just gives an 'error' message, and can't launch when you type makeobj in command prompt). There's no easy pre-compiled versions of the required libpng avaliable for Windows either (the official website only has sources).