News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Textile mills do not seem to create Plastics contracts or draw forward Plastics

Started by Matthew, June 09, 2022, 07:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew

Both of the Textile Mills on B-B are unable to produce because they have no supplier for Plastics. Plastics are supplied from Oil Refineries. They do have contracts with Oil Refineries to produce Chemicals and that part is working, but the Plastics supply is not.

Example: Godwithers Textile Mill is shown as having several Oil Refinery contracts, one of which is connected by my network:

The Textile Mill has Chemicals in storage, so I don't think the transport route is broken or malfunctioning.

I don't think this is just a UI bug, because the relevant Oil Refinery has Plastics in storage, they just aren't being drawn forward by the Textile Mill:

I would not be surprised if this was a general bug affecting all cases where one Factory type demands two different Goods from another Factory type. But I have not verified that (yet).
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

Ranran(retired)

IIRC, simutrans (standard) cannot contract two products from the same factory, and only the first one will be contracted in preference. So I think this is a pakset error that ignores that spec.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

Octavius

Maybe two months ago I played a game where this did work correctly. There was a single textile mill and a single oil refinery and I could make textiles. I no longer have a savegame of that. Plastics and chemicals were moved by two separate lines of road convoys running between the same pair of stations.

Ranran(retired)

Quote from: Octavius on June 11, 2022, 10:11:46 AMMaybe two months ago I played a game where this did work correctly. There was a single textile mill and a single oil refinery and I could make textiles. I no longer have a savegame of that. Plastics and chemicals were moved by two separate lines of road convoys running between the same pair of stations.
I actually tried it in the game, this is correct. Multiple item contracts are possible.
And the UI doesn't support multiple contracts correctly. (´・ω・`)
The indication of what product they have a contract with is unique to extended.

Therefore, I think that the event occurring on the BB server is another problem that has nothing to do with the UI.
Also, judging from the fact that 1 textile is stocked, there is evidence that it was working before.
I suspect that the order has not been placed because it is not properly connected to the end consumer.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

jamespetts

After extensive testing, I am not able to reproduce this in a test environment, and the Bridgewater-Brunel game is too large for effective testing. In my tests, a textile mill will happily accept both plastics and chemicals from the oil refinery. It generally does not discriminate about what type of goods that it receives from a given source. The textile mill produces consistently for multiple consecutive months.

If anyone can upload a minimal reproduction case for this specific issue, that would be very helpful.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Matthew

Quote from: jamespetts on June 12, 2022, 01:42:31 PMAfter extensive testing, I am not able to reproduce this in a test environment, and the Bridgewater-Brunel game is too large for effective testing. In my tests, a textile mill will happily accept both plastics and chemicals from the oil refinery. It generally does not discriminate about what type of goods that it receives from a given source. The textile mill produces consistently for multiple consecutive months.

If anyone can upload a minimal reproduction case for this specific issue, that would be very helpful.

James, I regret that you have had to waste time on this because of my post when it seems not to be a bug. I will keep trying to understand what is happening in B-B. Thank you for your kindness in looking into it.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。