News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Electricity networks are buggy

Started by zook2, June 29, 2022, 07:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zook2

I was checking my power grid and found that it got entangled with the grid of Passenger-Pigeon somewhere. Disentangling it proved difficult:

1) They form one net even when I build a line two z-levels over his ( using a powerline bridge). Or a powerline tunnel.

2) After completely cutting part of my net off his, the cut-off part and my substation still form part of this net - and have power. Witness my substation on the BB server at 5951,791.

There is a spot at 5859,1251 where he crossed over my line. Maybe that's when things went wrong.

No idea if it has anything to do with this bug:
https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php/topic,21692.0.html
(the one with some industries having 5000%+ productivity when connected to the grid)

zook2

OK, some fifteen minutes later the substation is powerless.

Ranran(retired)

Quote from: zook2 on June 29, 2022, 07:53:25 PMNo idea if it has anything to do with this bug:
https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php/topic,21692.0.html
(the one with some industries having 5000%+ productivity when connected to the grid)
The territory of a city is a neat rectangle, so there may be overlaps between cities and it may be ambiguous as to which city the factory belongs to.
I sometimes see power displays insane in such factories.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

jamespetts

Thank you for your report. I am afraid that I am not able to undertake debugging from a reference to the Bridgewater-Brunel server game, as that game changes constantly, so I cannot be sure that the bug can be reproduced in whatever state that the game is in by the time that I get to download it.

Are you able to upload a minimal reproduction case for this?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.