News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Slaughterhouse refuses to slaughter cattle, prefers sheep

Started by zook2, July 08, 2022, 06:03:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zook2

On the Transshipment server there is a slaughterhouse served by two players. No cattle are ever transported by either, but sheep work fine. I cannot see any other issue there, so I'm calling it a potential little six-legged friend.

Ranran(retired)

As far as I know, slaughterhouse has very small demand in britain pak. So it orders only one livestock to some ranch on rare occasions.
It does not place more orders than demand. No further ranches can be shipped without an order.
If there is only one demand, the moment one livestock is shipped, nother farms lose the chance to ship it to slaughterhouse.
I'm not sure if it's a sheep priority or a bug because I haven't looked at the code, but it's a good idea to check if its choice is not always based on distance or lead time.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

PJMack

The order in which factories distribute their wares is the order that fab_list is in, which happens to be the order that the factories were built.  If all of the sheep farms that particular slaughterhouse connects to were built before the cattle farms, then the sheep farms could indeed saturate the demand of the slaughterhouse.  As raw material producers tend to be built in batches (e.g. several sheep farms are built for one textile mill), this is not an unlikely scenario. 

TransshipmentEnvoy

confirmed in local game that if having only two farms supplying to slaughterhouse, both cattle farm and sheep farm can deliver livestock to slaughterhouse.

zook2

The slaughterhouse in question works as intended now, so it must have been an oddity as PJMack explained. Case closed.