News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Exploiting a River using short haul vessels

Started by Chime, September 29, 2022, 05:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chime

I have a large town ~ 60km down a medium river from my sailyard, I'm running pokey boat horses but I'd like to get a flyboat or perhaps a few skiffs running along the urbanized portion to exploit this natural through line to see if it's cost effective, or at least in my head I'm giving the pax a rad riverboat pub crawl as a town feature.

Do I have to build a new sailyard in the town? I'd like to not as they're a little spendy in 1850s ducats at least for the stage of my network. I tried putting just waypoints within about 20km and the boat started to go for it but then gave me "no route" do I need to put actual quay's every 20km in the middle of nowhere just for pathing?

Also wondering how the scheduling windows distance is measured, is it from the stop your highlighting when you place the next point and is it measured as the crow flies or as the little boat goes down the twisty river?

jamespetts

You do not need another shipyard; just a quay. The distance is straight lines between stops.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.