News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Building and removing crossing results in different maintenance

Started by ceeac, October 23, 2022, 08:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceeac

Steps to reproduce:

• Start a new map and verify that monthly maintenance is 0
  • Build a 3-tile road on flat ground
  • Make a crossing by building rail track across the road
  • Remove both road and track using the way removal tool
  • Notice that monthly maintenance is now not equal to 0

jamespetts

I am having some trouble reproducing this, I am afraid. Can you confirm the precise order in which you add and remove the road and railway?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

ceeac

For me, the order does not matter, and I can also reproduce the bug with both the way removal tool and the generic remover tool. Maybe the monthly maintenance of a single road tile is too low depending on bits_per_month and/or meters_per_tile? For me, a single tile of MacAdam road has a monthly maintenance of about 4 credit-cents (base_meters_per_tile = 1000 and base_bits_per_month = 18 in simuconf.tab). This is also the amount of monthly maintenance that is left after removing both rail and road which leads me to believe that when a single way of a crossing is removed the maintenance costs for both ways are reimbursed (which should not happen).

jamespetts

Quote from: ceeac on November 05, 2022, 12:03:56 PMFor me, the order does not matter, and I can also reproduce the bug with both the way removal tool and the generic remover tool. Maybe the monthly maintenance of a single road tile is too low depending on bits_per_month and/or meters_per_tile? For me, a single tile of MacAdam road has a monthly maintenance of about 4 credit-cents (base_meters_per_tile = 1000 and base_bits_per_month = 18 in simuconf.tab). This is also the amount of monthly maintenance that is left after removing both rail and road which leads me to believe that when a single way of a crossing is removed the maintenance costs for both ways are reimbursed (which should not happen).
Can I trouble you to upload a saved game where you can reproduce this issue on the basis of a precisely described sequence of events?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

ceeac

• Load the attached save on the master branch
  • Open the finance window and switch to the "Months" tab
  • Build 3 tiles of "Steel track (85 lb/yard)"
  • Build 3 tiles of "MacAdam road"
  • Activate the object removal tool by pressing the r key
  • Remove all ways
  • Notice maintenance is now +4 credit cents

jamespetts

Thank you for that: that is most helpful. I believe that I have now fixed this. I should be grateful if you could re-test to confirm.

ceeac

I can confirm that the bug is no longer present in the master branch or in the ex-15 branch.