News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Ranran: Icons in convoy list are gone

Started by zook2, June 21, 2022, 06:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew

Steps to reproduce

1. Open the Line Manager and find that uses 'Mirror schedule' feature:

2. Switch to Convoys tab and observe that none of them have the 'Reverse' icon showing, even though in this case almost all of them are taking the reverse route:

3. Open the Goods Window and open the Show fare calculation settings area.
4. There is no icon next to the "Comfort" legend:

I am not certain because it is a new feature, but Ranran's description of PR#555 suggests that there should be a comfort icon (a green smiley face) on this line.

Possibly relevant information?
1. The theme .paks in my installation's /simutrans/themes folder have not been updated by the Nightly Updater since last year. However, the symbols.png files in the source code's /themes.src/ directory were updated last week. So I suspect that something may be going wrong between these two points.

It could be that the Nightly Updater is not distributing the theme .paks correctly, but AFAIK nothing has changed in the Nightly Updater for many years.

Perhaps Bridgewater-Brunel's makeobj-extended is not correctly building the theme .paks???

2. I sometimes get the following message in simu.log:

Warning: simwin.cc themes_init():    Can't read themes from themes.tab
I use a custom theme so this message could be due to an error in my custom theme, totally unrelated to this bug.However, I searched through old logs, and this message first appeared on 2022-02-23. But that could just mean I changed something in the logging settings then.

I will try to figure out why this message only appears sometimes, but I thought I would mention it in case it is relevant.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

Ranran(retired)

I'm afraid but I can't reproduce this. I downloaded the file of themes.src and tried creating a pak file by myself, but this was also no problem.
Therefore, I think the distributed themes are still old.

A sane modern theme is attached so you can try it out.

James - Can you check if the distribution theme is updated correctly?
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

Matthew

Quote from: Ranran on June 27, 2022, 02:03:05 PMI'm afraid but I can't reproduce this. I downloaded the file of themes.src and tried creating a pak file by myself, but this was also no problem.
Therefore, I think the distributed themes are still old.

I agree.

QuoteA sane modern theme is attached so you can try it out.

Using your .pak, I am able to see the icons:

Thank you. Your suggestion gave me a new idea (which I should have thought of). I tried using a .pak file from Bridgewater-Brunel. It worked correctly.

This further confirms that it is a distribution problem.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

jamespetts

Can I check whether this issue has been fixed together with this issue?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.