News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

LNWR-54/57-ft-non-cor-lav capacity inconsistent

Started by Vladki, May 15, 2019, 12:42:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vladki

I have noticed that the capacities do not match the descriptions:
LNWR-57ft-non-cor-lav-brake-front/rear have capacity 44, comfort 102, 5 compartment description
LNWR-57ft-non-cor-lav (composite) capacity 30+21, comfort 95/143, 6 compartment (3x7 + 3x10 ?)
LNWR-54ft-non-cor-lav-third capacity 44, comfort 99, 7 compartment
I find it weird that 7 compartment carriage of similar specs would have the same amount of seats as 5 compartment carriage. Wonder how the compartments were arranged...

jamespetts

Quote from: Vladki on May 15, 2019, 12:42:38 AMI have noticed that the capacities do not match the descriptions:
LNWR-57ft-non-cor-lav-brake-front/rear have capacity 44, comfort 102, 5 compartment description
LNWR-57ft-non-cor-lav (composite) capacity 30+21, comfort 95/143, 6 compartment (3x7 + 3x10 ?)
LNWR-54ft-non-cor-lav-third capacity 44, comfort 99, 7 compartment
I find it weird that 7 compartment carriage of similar specs would have the same amount of seats as 5 compartment carriage. Wonder how the compartments were arranged...
The position is as follows.

The brake/front rear are to diagram D321, and have five compartments with an internal corridor, all of which compartments have access to a lavatory. My source material (Jenkinson p. 106) confirms that this carriage indeed has a capacity of 44.

The non-corridor lavatory composite carriages are made to diagram D147, who confirms it to have 21 first class and 30 third class seats. It has 6 compartments with no corridor, the lavatories being accessed by a door in the compartment where a seat would normally be, reducing that compartment's seating capacity by 1. 5 of those compartments have access to the lavatory, but one third class compartment does not, hence the lower comfort.

The 54ft non-corridor lavatory third is to D274 and is recorded as having 72 third class seats - the specification as having 44 seats seems to have been incorrect, and I have now modified this. Thank you for the report.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.