News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Using SketchUp for creating models?

Started by fuzion_051, April 16, 2009, 01:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fuzion_051

I've already done several airlines in different aircraft types, although as I have said, their graphics is pretty much blurred. (I was only concerned into making my airlines identifiable at my "The World" layout, and I think the tails of the aircraft pretty much met up to that criteria). Also, I've only added nightlights to the wingtips as placing some for passenger windows made it messy to look at.

However, I'll upload some here and comments/suggestions would be appreciated.

P.S: how can I upload .pak files here?

vilvoh

Could post some images to have a general idea of what you're talking about?

Quote from: fuzion_051 on April 29, 2009, 08:37:36 AM
P.S: how can I upload .pak files here?

put them in a zip file.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

fuzion_051

Here's a sample. They're generally much smaller than the default passenger planes in the pak.

vilvoh

I'm agree, they should be larger but the graphics look very good. Good work!

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

fuzion_051

Here are some zip files

VS

Nice! I'm glad you got over the technical problems :)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

PlayTrans2009

The British Airways is corrupted. Can you fix it?

I'm using pak96.comic and pak128.Britain. Mostly pak96.comic.
"More money means lesser friendship." Reason: Selfish.

einself

Hey fuzion,

really amazing work which you have done by creating these airplanes.

For the moment I also try to get used to SketchUp, but I have some problems with the alignment, when I'm trying to render the 3D-Models. How did you align the exact camera position? Are there any tutorials or can you give me some hints, please?

Thanks,
einself

fuzion_051

Good day,

Sorry for the late reply. With regards to aligning the camera in sketch-up in order to get the correct views for an object, go to the menu "Camera" then click "Parallel Projection". With that, you can use the isometric view of the object for rendering purposes.  ;)

prissi

Well, all of the images sees corrupt ...

einself

Thanks for your answer. So far it works!

But how do I get the correct size? Is it just try and error, or is there a possibility to regulate the size exactly? Because I'm not a great follower of approximate solutions.

ӔO

how's this for a template?
30-60-90 right triangle prism offset 45 degrees and camera set to parallel for viewing angle.
and even a 3D template box that's not very hard to create.
still not perfect, but should be pretty close.
3200x3200x1309.2mm cube

My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

VS

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!