News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

A building

Started by AABatteries, May 31, 2009, 08:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AABatteries

Don't know if this the right section for this, but anyways...  I made a little building, literally.  It's too small.  ::)  I usually make stuff to big, and this time it was too small.  Anyways, here's what it would look like in the game...  I'll be redoing it right after I'm done making this thread.

jamespetts

Ahh, a nice start (when resized). It's always good to have new content creators :-) Have you ever thought of doing any work for Pak128.Britain as well as Pak64?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

VS

You're certainly on the right path! :) If you need some material to get started, take a look at graphic archive. And of course there is more than just the 64-size folder. Although I doubt you could make much use of these when you already made one house (even if small).

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

AABatteries

I'll have to look into the Pak128.Britain.  Once I get the sizes down, I'll be good to go.

jamespetts

Do! We could do with a bit more variety of city buildings. There's currently only one active graphic artist...
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

AABatteries

Sorry, no new version of the TV store.  I got busy with something else.  I'll get back to it shortly.  With the last day of school being Friday, I'll have all summer to work on stuff.  ;D 

I'll try my hand at city building next then. 

Also, looked at the Pak128.  The Pak64 looks more like the kinda of stuff I can/do make.

AABatteries

The new building...

A comparison...

The size is still off.  Now it's too big.  :-\

vilvoh

The golden rule for pak64 buildings is 7 pixels by floor

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

AABatteries

Okay, thanks.  That helps out a lot.  ;D

Michael 'Cruzer'

Your style looks a little bit cartonish (That should not mean that I don't like it!). Do not worry, the most effective at the beginning so ...

But probably you want to draw some buildings for pak192.comic!
It's very young, but althougt playable. The probelm of pak192.comic is that there is nobody who wants to draw buildings! Everybody wants to draw vehicles or such stuff.

So I would be happy if there is someone who like draw buildings! If you are interested in it I would send you some templates where you can see the high of one floor and some other rules for making stuff for pak192.comic.

A small tip of mine: Make a screenshot for getting right colors!
Founder and Ex-Maintainer of pak192.comic. Provider of Simutrans Hosting rental service.