News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

[funpatch] play simutrans on a torus

Started by gerw, June 07, 2009, 11:08:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerw

With this patch you can play simutrans on a torus, i.e. if you leave the map on the top/left, you will re-enter it at the bottom/right and vice versa.

There are still some bugs (wegbauer and income calculation), but it is still playable.

I didn't aimed, that it comes into trunk. I just wanted to test it and now you can test it, too.

You can find the path at www.tu-chemnitz.de/~gerw/patches/torus_v2.patch.

Edit: Income calculation should work now.

MoTw

Sounds funny! But when clicking the link it says "Error 404"!  :'(
world is like a parachute: it works better when it's open
whenever you feel lost and alone, always remember your calculator is something you can count on
pak96.comic addons

gerw

Should work now. I've forgotten the "/patches".

gauthier

ways and paths can be built trough the limits of the map ?

gerw

Yes. And vehicles can drive through. If all works perfect, you shouldn't notice the map borders at all.

VS

That sounds like fun :) Too bad you cannot allow Simutrans to be played on a sphere!

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

gerw

Quote from: VS on June 07, 2009, 03:20:44 PM
That sounds like fun :) Too bad you cannot allow Simutrans to be played on a sphere!
But it could be possible (with some work) to play simutrans on a Cross-cap. It's almost a sphere...

gauthier

there is a little big problem ... ingame map extension couldn't be used anymore :/

Isaac Eiland-Hall

gerw

Quote from: gauthier on June 07, 2009, 08:33:21 PMthere is a little big problem ... ingame map extension couldn't be used anymore :/
Of course. You can't extend your map, if you built over the edges. So map extension is disabled. You can enable it by reverting the changes in simwerkz.h

Dwachs

Quote from: gauthier on June 07, 2009, 08:33:21 PM
there is a little big problem ... ingame map extension couldn't be used anymore :/

why would you like to enlarge an infinite map (ie a map without borders) ? ;)
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

prissi

I linke the idea of an torus map. However, I fear several stuff need still to be fixed, like the income and the factory-chain builder and probably some other places too.

gerw

The income is already fixed. And also connection of factories should work right, since I used the function welt->torus_dist, which calculates the distance of to coordinates on the torus.

One thing that doesn't work yet is wegbauer_t::calc_distance. It is easy, if you calculate routes from a single starting point to an initial end point. But if you consider several end points, some additional logic is needed.

And I think, there are some differences of koord(3d) left, which should be replaced by welt->koord_diff.

VS

Does this patch completely rule out map enlargement, or is it mutually exclusive per-map feature?

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

gerw

In the current version of the patch, all maps are tori. Therefore map enlargement is disabled.

gauthier

It could be included as a setting in new world window.