News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

PakBritain board

Started by The Hood, September 12, 2008, 08:40:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hood

I'm hoping to get PakBritain moving again - any chance there could be a sub-board for it like on the old forum?  Thanks

wernieman

Did you need an svn or do you will it manage allone?
I hope you understand my English

VS

I can't add boards, so ask admins...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

The Hood

Quote from: wernieman on September 12, 2008, 10:48:34 AM
Did you need an svn or do you will it manage allone?

I don't understand.  All I'm after for the time being is just a sub-board on the forum to put PakBritain threads in.  Eventually we'll need to have a place to download files from if the forum isn't suitable for that.

prissi

Just start posting anyway. If the pak.britain just contains of two threads, I think you would advertize them better to users, if all see them instead of hiding them in a subboard. If traffic increases the boards can be surely moved.

jamespetts

Has there been any progress on this recently? I'd very much like to see British things updated in Pak128. Are all the original British industries, trains and 'busses (including the excellent British train pack) going to be (or have they already been) made opensource so that development on them can continue?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

IgorEliezer

I had never seen this topic. Then, here we go.

Quote from: The Hood on September 12, 2008, 08:40:19 AM
I'm hoping to get PakBritain moving again - any chance there could be a sub-board for it like on the old forum?  Thanks

We had created a board for "Other paksets", once we have until now got a lot of pakset projects with a small amount of topics each.

If someone is interested in continuing or advertising a pak project, please, post one topic per pak there:

Other paksets board
:arrow: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?board=46.0

Upon posting there, I'll edit the board description so that your pak shows up on the public. To make clear what I'm speaking of, this is the current board description:

QuoteDiscussions and development of new paks projects. (Current paks here: pak.Hajo Evolution, pak.german and pak.ttd)
At: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php#16

If your project earns a good movement, be sure we'll create a new board.

kierongreen

Few things going on at the moment stopping development:
1) Real life - couldn't remain with simutrans being my social life forever you know :)
2) No internet at home at the moment (and work blocks simutrans.com...) - not sure when it will be back.

I'm not opposed in principle to open sourcing PakBritain, but I would want it to remain consistent in terms of graphics. Anyway, I haven't forgotten about things!

The Hood

I'm working on the industry set (still... in fact "working" is probably not quite true, as I haven't had any time in the last 2 months, but hoping to get some more in the new year).  I agree with kieron on the open source - graphic consistency is one of the big problems with the standard pak128 set and I don't want that to be a problem with PakBritain.

So yes, the project is still going on, only it's about as fast as a speeding snail... ;-)

wernieman

But PAK128 is not OpenSource ....
I hope you understand my English

jamespetts

Maybe it will be one day soon... (hopefully ;-) )
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

DirrrtyDirk

It will be open source. But there's no scheduled date yet. Still some permissions needed, I guess...

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****