Previous topic - Next topic

z9999

For http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=437.0

Added as simple_tool[19].
This tool needs a parameter.

parameter:
"+" ... fade in one level
"-" ... fade out one level
number ... toggle day/night. 4 or 5 is good for night.

example:
toolbar[0][25]=simple_tool[19],,+,+
toolbar[0][26]=simple_tool[19],,-,-
toolbar[0][27]=simple_tool[19],,*,4

z9999

Update patch.

Fix: Color of yellowish light  (level > 4)

For translation:
Toggle day/night view

EDIT:
Minor update.

prissi

Well, just out of curiosity: For what do you need this tool? For testing purposes the darken screen function of the display panel can do the same trick (albeit it darlkens of course also menues).

PatrickN

I used to enjoy darkening the map to nighttime levels just to watch the lights on the cars and buildings, just as I normally run in daytime mode.  Having the +/-/* keys makes it easy and quick to change between light levels.

Painter, in and out of retirement.

z9999

- We want to to see night view without limited by time.
- Darkness setting is not assigned to key.

But my point is different.
If you all feel left side image is better, I will give up.
I mean, not only yellow lights but also color of snow and sea.

So, I want to see real night view without limited by time.

VS

Hm, could it be that we are discussing two separate things (in one patch):
1) change of night mode interface for user
2) change of night mode display
...no need to pack them together as inseparable?

1) I never switch night mode on, as you can't see a thing in the dark, thus giving up half the game time. And on some occasions the poetic part of me prevails and night mode gets a minute or two. So, the usage pattern is not identical, but fits z9999's changes: Have night when I want.

2) And If the night looks better... that's a bonus :)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

z9999

Thank you.

Quote from: VS on September 20, 2008, 08:35:27 AM
1) change of night mode interface for user
2) change of night mode display

My patch don't touch these part.
- I didn't change night mode display.
- I didn't change night mode interface.
If "*" switch confuses you, it is OK to remove that feature.

This patch only changes day/night level of normal view.

VS

... and now I am confused. If it isn't night mode, then what is it?

By interface I meant addition of "*".

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

prissi

@z9999
Sorry, if I offended you. It was just my curiosity. Thus, I think this should replace the old light/dark setting then. Otherwise it may confuse users.

z9999

Quote from: prissi on September 20, 2008, 05:29:20 PM
@z9999
Sorry, if I offended you. It was just my curiosity.

No, not at all.  :) I'm very happy with some people have an interest about this.

Quote from: prissi on September 20, 2008, 05:29:20 PM
@z9999
Thus, I think this should replace the old light/dark setting then. Otherwise it may confuse users.

This is the major reason that I didn't make GUI and made this as hidden feature.
Brightness setting is long time there with simutrans. And it also works on underground mode and auto day/night mode as an optional control.
But my patch don't work on underground mode and auto day/night mode. Especially, I don't think to add bluish on underground mode is not so good.

I am worried that if some people who are using brightness setting might feel disappointed to be replaced.

prissi

Actually, maybe I should use the reallatitude in Simutrans, i.e. shorter nights and longer days in summer. This should be easily possible with very few changes.

kierongreen

QuoteActually, maybe I should use the reallatitude in Simutrans, i.e. shorter nights and longer days in summer. This should be easily possible with very few changes.
With a configuration option to change latitude? (default being equator?)

Just I doubt the Brazilian players would appreciate it if it was fixed at the latitude of Germany (for example)...

whoami

For the southern hemisphere, the seasons should also be adapted. :)

prissi

Of course setable ...

EDIT: A very crude, unsetable patch for 52° latitude is attached ... quite dark winters I fear.