News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Engine request for pak64

Started by prissi, August 17, 2008, 08:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prissi

The pak64 engine slection is somewhat messed up. I could fille the gaps with german engines, but this would scramble the desing even more. Also there are already too much german engines in the set.

Some idea for a diesel with 160 in the 60ies: BrClass47 (maybe I can use a TTD-replacement graphics). Also an electric with the same speed would be needed. Br Class87 might be a thinkable alternative. But I am open for suggestions from everyone. (Also more countries than germany and england ... )

vilvoh

Well, I'm not a train expert. In fact I haven't made any train yet... ::)... but I think this could be a good ocasion in order to improve the timeline gaming experience, adding more steam engines and perhaps engines from 1900 to 1940.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

prissi

Actually, missing are engines from 1950 to 1980 ...

yoshi

What I first thought of was Pennsylvania Railroad's GG1, but this is a locomotive in 1930s...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRR_GG1

I would suggest these;
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/CC_6500
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/CC_72000

prissi

The GG1 is in principle a nice loco but they power make it difficult to balance in the 30ies. But in principle it shoulg go into the set, you are right. The french CC72000 seems to fill the gap for a fast diesel nicely.

Now just an electric 160 kmh (or 150) for the 1960ies. And the CC7100 would be of course nice too (since it was a record engine ... ) And also the livery allows for player color easily: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/CC_7100

martin

Spanish RENFE series 277 / 278 electric locs....  Not as fast as 160 km/h, but with 110km/h from 1952 it might be a nice alternative.

vilvoh

I support it. ;D ..Some technical info about them:

RENFE series 277 (Express passenger electric locomotive)

• Axle Formula: Co'Co'
  • Number: 75
  • Year in Service: 1954
  • Power (kW): 2200
  • Tractive Effort (kN): 135
  • Max. speed (km/h): 110
  • Traction Type: E
  • Voltage: 3000 V

link to image

RENFE series 278 (Electric locomotives)

• Axle Formula: Bo'Bo'Bo'
  • Number: 29
  • Year in Service: 1954
  • Power (kW): 2200
  • Tractive Effort (kN): 165
  • Max. speed (km/h): 110
  • Traction Type: E
  • Voltage: 3000 V

link to image            

prissi

From 1557 there is Br140 with 110kmh and 3700kW. Very similar to this engine I would say. Anyway, I have some CC7100 which I can convert. It is 150kmh, but still nice.

vilvoh

and what about MTAB Dm3? I think it's a good candidate for transporting goods. The DM series has electric and diesel version, and DM3 series header consist of three parts, as you can see in the image.
They're powerfull enough (4800-7200 kw) to pull large convoys even they are very heavy (192-272 tons). They were built around 1950-1970 and the max speed they can take is 75km/h.

More info at jarnvag.net

Václav

They were built around 1950-1970 and the max speed they can take is 75km/h.

Yes - some books I have bought say they are still in service. So I think if somebody (not me) would paint it for pak128, it could be good successor for VS's Garrat locomotive.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

vilvoh

Well, in fact this propose is for pak64 renewal... ::).... but if somebody creates it using Blender it's easy to resize it. All I can say is that it's on my list... ;D

mobo

i had a try on the french locos yoshi mentioned. Exactly one year later, funny eh?

Raven

And here would be a Class 31

obj=vehicle
name=BRClass31
copyright=Raven
intro_month=4
intro_year=1957
retire_month=9
retire_year=1962
runningcost=0
cost=0
weight=108
gear=100
power=1100
speed=145
length=7
waytype=track
engine_type=diesel
smoke=Diesel
sound=diesel
EmptyImage[S]=class31.0.0
EmptyImage[E]=class31.0.1
EmptyImage[SE]=class31.0.2
EmptyImage[SW]=class31.0.3
EmptyImage[N]=class31.0.4
EmptyImage[W]=class31.0.5
EmptyImage[NW]=class31.0.6
EmptyImage[NE]=class31.0.7

EDIT: Checked ingame, seems to be working, if you want to check, considering the no-cost, no-maintenance, no constraints...

mobo

And what about scale? The cc6500 and 72000 are both 20 m long, so they should be length=8 in game, right?
I've tested them, they're a bit too big for 8 but they would fit on 9 i think. Or i have to make them a bit shorter.

Your class 31 is smaller - is it also in real life. I already tried wikipedia but there seems to be no info about class 31.

Raven

Now I'm thinking how rude it was not to praise those french engines, lovely!

I would add some shading to the second one though, especially roof and sides.

I don't think pak64 has vehicles longer than size 8 as a standard, but you're right, for lenght around 20-22m the correct size is 8. (Class 31 is size 7, being around 17m long)

now some info on the BRClass31:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_31

it was there after all ;)

mobo

Yes i will fix some things. Better vesion is coming.

Raven

New one, Class 47 (as requested)

obj=vehicle
name=BRClass47
copyright=Raven
intro_month=1
intro_year=1963
retire_month=9
retire_year=1968
runningcost=0
cost=0
weight=127
gear=100
power=2050
speed=121
length=8
waytype=track
engine_type=diesel
smoke=Diesel
sound=diesel
EmptyImage[S]=class47.0.0
EmptyImage[E]=class47.0.1
EmptyImage[SE]=class47.0.2
EmptyImage[SW]=class47.0.3
EmptyImage[N]=class47.0.4
EmptyImage[W]=class47.0.5
EmptyImage[NW]=class47.0.6
EmptyImage[NE]=class47.0.7

Here's the original, hidden in the bushes. Heh

taken from http://www.2d53.co.uk/

mobo

Nice loco. Looks like it tries to hide but the bush is too small on the photo.

Ok i fixed the problems now,

-------------
obj=vehicle
name=cc6500
copyright=mobo
waytype=track
freight=None
engine_type=electric
power=5900
speed=160
weight=115
cost=1200000
RunningCost=4000
length=8
intro_year = 1969
intro_month = 1
retire_year = 1975
EmptyImage[S]=cc.0.0
EmptyImage[E]=cc.0.1
EmptyImage[N]=cc.0.4
EmptyImage[W]=cc.0.5

EmptyImage[NE]=cc.0.7
EmptyImage[SW]=cc.0.3
EmptyImage[SE]=cc.0.2
EmptyImage[NW]=cc.0.6
---------
-------------
obj=vehicle
name=cc72000
copyright=mobo
waytype=track
freight=None

engine_type=diesel
power=2650
speed=160
weight=114
cost=1200000
RunningCost=3000
length=8
intro_year = 1968
intro_month = 1
retire_year = 1974
EmptyImage[S]=cc.1.0
EmptyImage[E]=cc.1.1
EmptyImage[N]=cc.1.4
EmptyImage[W]=cc.1.5

EmptyImage[NE]=cc.1.7
EmptyImage[SW]=cc.1.3
EmptyImage[SE]=cc.1.2
EmptyImage[NW]=cc.1.6
---------

Ashley

Quick question - Rojo/Mobo, are these graphics being pixel-drawn or 3D modelled and then rendered?
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.
Why not try playing Simutrans online? See the Game Servers board for details.

Raven

Mine are pixel-drawn, all the way. Though I'm curious why you're curious ;)

mobo

Ashley

Quote from: Rojo on August 20, 2009, 07:42:48 AM
Mine are pixel-drawn, all the way. Though I'm curious why you're curious ;)

Hehe, well, I have been working on a game engine for a while, intended to be along the same lines as Simutrans but designed to "fix" some of the fundamental things in Simutrans that can't be changed (e.g. double-tracks, better terrain engine, more realistic scale etc.) As part of this I'm planning on having vehicle graphics which are more complex than the 8-views available in Simutrans. Potentially the number of views is limited only by the number of different images available (though practically for a pak64 scale game it'd be around the 16-32 mark on the level, with additional images for slopes etc.) More graphics means smoother motion, especially around corners/on slopes etc.

I know how time consuming drawing pixel graphics is for even 8 views, let alone 32+, so I was hoping to get some rendered test graphics to play around with. Sadly my skills with 3D modelling are quite poor though, never got the hang of it :)
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.
Why not try playing Simutrans online? See the Game Servers board for details.

The Hood

If you want blender models, I have plenty of pak128.Britain ones which you could use, for testing at least, if you wanted?