News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

4 rotations railway station extension

Started by Václav, April 29, 2010, 08:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Václav

Few days ago I began painting full-rotated railway station extension. Its shape is based on station building in village I live. But basic idea I got while I tested demoversion of Pak128.German because there is one such building. Tired by development and improvings of else things I decided to create something similar like that extension building from Pak128.German.

Preview #1:

Still less windows on side parts.
Center part has windows and door (but in wrong size).

Preview #2:

With windows on side parts - but in wrong number and size.

Preview #3:

Center part in main direction - but without door and windows.
Side parts have lesser number of windows. This direction of side parts belongs to direction of center part from previous previews.

I decided to publish creating of this building because I plan to bid it for using ... even with source files ... because I don't think it would be perfect to it can be distributed less source files. So you can call your ideas.

Any helps are invited.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Václav

Preview #4:

Last preview in these colours. Next previews will be in new ones. Roof will be the same. I don't see why to change it - only some things will be added - chimneys, antennas and so on.

gauthier

You should add a placard with a name of a station on the central part of the station.

Václav

Don't worry.

I have plan to place desk with name of station on wall without windows - like it is on this photo

and also above edge of shelter - like on this photo

Minor problem would be text for that desk. It has to be very short. Else way may be I let it empty.

sdog

the grey, lower roof in the middle section was confusing me at first, as it's colour is close to pavement. So it looked to me at first as the pavement was elevated in this area.

perhaps you could change the roofing felt to some reddish one? the colour of the fibre cement roof above the stairs, in the photo of the station could probably be suitable.

EDIT: inserted in italics an important part i omitted before, out of absent-mindedness.

Václav

And next preview:
difference between old and new
desk with station name added - still empty
one minor problems with windows became more visible

Václav

Quote from: sdog on April 30, 2010, 04:54:49 PM
the grey, lower roof in the middle section was confusing me at first, as it's colour is close to pavement. So it looked to me at first as the pavement was elevated in this area.

perhaps you could change the roofing felt to some reddish one? the colour of the fibre cement roof above the stairs could be probably suitable.

So, if I understand it well, you think that shelter should be the same as main roof. May it be. I can make it the same and choose better suitable lines for it.

Something like this?

-->
New version:

And I hope that time for prepares of other two rotations came.

-->
Source png file ready (but needs improves against false pixels). Dat file is ready - but level 10 is too high - because 3 * 32 * 10 = 960 - and it is too high. So, is here any offer?

Fabio

Nice! I like it!

What should go instead of those purple squares?

vilvoh

Maybe the colors and textures are a little plain, you should try to get more contrast between light and shadow areas. Moreover, I would add some solar plates and a TV antenna at the roof. In spite of that is a simple and very nice building.  :)

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Václav

Fabio:
Purple squares? Do you think two blueish rectangles - one on side of building and second above shelter? I will change colour of it. They have this purpose

I only let them empty.

Vilvoh:
some antennas would be added but solar powerplant not - and why? These buildings were built mostly on turn of 19th and 20th century. So it would not fit. And deeper contrast between light and shadow parts may be done - but not right now. At first some tests have to be done.

gauthier

no solar plates, it's not a modern station !

your station is now very nice, keep working on ;)

vilvoh

It doesn't matter, having solar plates doesn't mean to be a modern building. It's not a monument, it would be just an old station with a green touch..  ;)

Václav

Vilvoh, I am sorry ... but I am for staying without solar plates. Mostly because I have not ever seen solar plates on station buildings.

gauthier

vilvoh, solar plates weren't very known in the era of the station ...

Fabio

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on May 03, 2010, 09:35:07 AM
Fabio:
Purple squares? Do you think two blueish rectangles - one on side of building and second above shelter? I will change colour of it. They have this purpose

I see, thank you.
Anyway, i think it should have a gibberish name in it (white letters on blue ground, but with such a small size you can't make out an actual word).
Like this, they would look much more realistic.

vilvoh

Quote from: gauthier on May 03, 2010, 09:52:25 PM
vilvoh, solar plates weren't very known in the era of the station ...

You're right but if the building is old and you need extra energy, you usually add several solar plates, which are less invasive than any other technologies. Remember that I suggested to place just a few panels, on one of the roof sides, not covering the whole roof surface.

i.e. Coney Island Train Station, Brooklyn, NY, USA (1954) -- image

Other examples: Berlin Central Station, old japanese small house and slim solar panels on roof.

PS: You even have solar roof tiles that are indistinguishable from common roof tiles..link

VS

I guess he's going to set intro date to something close to 1900, so no solar for you ;D

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Václav

Fabio: Colour changed.

Vilvoh: I think that solar plates would be on the same place in all rotations ... and so only one place where it could be placed is roof of central part - and when this rotation is main, then you have not place where you can place it.

And also, roof is quite dark and so it would not be seen well.

VS: Thanks. You are not wrong in your thoughts.

Fabio

Could you still add white letters on the blue signs, with such a small size you can't make out an actual word?

Václav

Something like this (see attachment)?
That text is written by special crazy (symbol) font but else there is written name of one Czech city.

Fabio

Precisely!
And i also like much better this blue.
Could you also try to make the FRONT sign 1 px thick?
;)

Václav

Quote from: fabio on May 04, 2010, 01:33:10 PM
Could you also try to make the FRONT sign 1 px thick?

I can try to do that, but I am not sure.
And by the way, may be I am wrong in this - it would be useful when signs would light at night. But they will not light at night - in accordance with age what it has set as intro 1875 - regardless of buildings of chosen style had been built, as I wrote in one previous post, on late end of 19th century.

-->
The second release available
- from www.ulozto.cz (roll down to table with description FREE download, rewrite code from picture to form field - and then click on Stáhnout FREE)

-->
Is winter version wanted? I think that I can do that. I have some idea how to make it (very beautiful). And also I think I will give climate limits to it. Desert (and may be also Middleterrean) will be eliminated from list - but when source files will be available, then it may be only temporary change.

-->
Via both links above you can download new version of railway station extension. False pixels deleted.

Source files are available on graphics.simutrans.com - as I wrote in topic Making pak128 open source - what is left to do.

stmaker

Is it an extension or just a station?

EDIT:

Do you use GIMP? Is it the best use for Simutrans?
Version using: Simutrans v111.0
Paks: pak64, pak96.comic, pak128 openr582, pak128.Britain, pak128.Japan, pak192.comic
Using: Paint.NET, Paint, Photoshop, SketchUp
Future Addon(s): Building (Link)
Current Addon(s): Eye-See Mart and Several Building addons  Ask me any questions. I'm free.

Václav

1. Its purpose is the same as is purpose of VictorianStation and other similar ones.
2. Only for final improves.
3. Is it the best use for Simutrans? If you ask for using GIMP for painting for Simutrans, I don't know. Many people around use Blender and many other programs too. But GIMP is, if I am not wrong, used mostly, of all.

Václav

I am sorry for doublepost.

Some people may notice start of development of really end-station extension building - in topic Extensions' binding to kind of transport or in czech written board.

Final shape will be similar to this:

but on this picture is visible only minor part of whole station.

And of course, it will be full-rotated, again.

-->
Here is direction 1 of central part

I think this is final statement - but on graphics.simutrans.com XCF and PNG files are available. So you will can change it if you will need to do it.

-->
For lack of picture materials needed for finishing of building above, I decided to make another small railway station building - warehouse like this

and this is the first version of its Simutrans mirror