News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

HondaJet for Pak64

Started by JPdude612, May 09, 2010, 01:18:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPdude612

I have a small HondaJet plane I'm making for pak64 cause I haven't really found any airtaxis for Pak64, so...why not?

Thats the HondaJet. :)

The HondaJet itself can be found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_HA-420_HondaJet and hondajet.honda.com

Specs (In Simutrans):
Name: HondaJet
Payload: 8 (6 Passengers plus 2 crew members) (Check wikipedia or the HondaJet Site, it tells you)
Speed: 778 kmh (Convert 420 KTAS to 480 mph then to around 778 kmh) (Pak file has it at about 780 KMH)
Cost: 10350.00 Hajo Credits. (Compare this jet with the blimp for capacity and certain other jets for speed and price/running costs)
Running Cost: 3.00 HajoCredits per KM.
Weight: Less than a Ton. Inserted as 1 Ton in pak file.
Intro Year: 2011 Month: 2 (There is no retire year, The dang thing hasn't even been out yet!)
Power: 550
Gear: 45
Fuel: Diesel  
Smoke: Diesel emmission (At taakeoff and taxi)
Copyright: JPD612
Credated the addon through the german online dat, http://simutrans-germany.com/online_dat/
NOTE: I suddenly now get a "Bad Request" Error with my main browser though...

Sorry, I'm just a newbie at this :-[ . Here are some of the HondaJet Animation pieces I made in Paint (Paintbrush for Mac Version) (PNG Format currently), they are in the attachments and in paint, you should zoom in 800%. The HondaJet is only a WIP (Work In Progress).

EDIT: I've done some work on it and 'tis finished! The png for the HondaJet is updated and I have updated the stats above. The pak file will be done, and check the fifth or fourth comment for the WIP pak file. The finished one will be on here.

EDIT: I Have another HondaJet WIP pak file ready here, the online DAT site doesn't seem to align my Plane correctly or it is just how I painted my plane. I don't know, but it flies normally. Don't ask about the size issue thing, As I will get to it when I WANT to. Which is not right now. Check attachments for the new HondaJet Pak. I will also REupload the PNG when I WANT to as well.
Yes, I am half Japanese.

http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=5071.0 my hondajet

vilvoh

As a first try, it's rather good. You should make some test to check if it's on the right scale. For price and running cost, use the existing airplanes from pak64 as sample to set those attributes and get a balanced vehicle.

For the rest of attributes:
- The power is related with this, and it's expressed in kW
QuotePowerplant: 2× GE Honda HF120 turbofan engines, 1,880lbf each (Bypass Ratio= 2.9) (8.04kN) each
- Capacity: 8 (6 passengers + 2 crew)
- Gear: it's related with acceleration. In this case, as it's quite fast, I would recommend 40 or 50 as value.
- engine_type, that corresponds to Fuel: diesel

A sample dat file..

obj=vehicle
name=HondaJet
waytype=air
engine_type=diesel
freight=passengers
copyright=JPD612
payload=8
speed=768
power=
gear=40
weight=1
cost=
runningcost=
intro_year=1941
retire_year=1961
sound=6
smoke=-1
Constraint[Prev][0]=none
Constraint[Next][0]=none
EmptyImage[S]=s51.0.0
EmptyImage[SE]=s51.0.1
EmptyImage[E]=s51.0.2
EmptyImage[NE]=s51.0.3
EmptyImage[N]=s51.0.4
EmptyImage[NW]=s51.0.5
EmptyImage[W]=s51.0.6
EmptyImage[SW]=s51.0.7

About empty and freight images, if it's not a freight vehicle, you just need the empty image set.

Take a look at this article from the wiki to know more about dat file parameters and object attributes

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

JPdude612

Thanks for the tips, and the compliment! I looked at a 3d model in AC3D from FlightGear and picture from the internet as well as a Boeing 767 JAL I downloaded for my simutrans game for alignment.

Hows this code? I looked at the blimp for capacity, the 767 for costs, and the IBEX livery of some type of boeing in Simutrans for running costs. I did a lot of conversions, and typed it down.
obj=vehicle
name=HondaJet
waytype=air
engine_type=diesel
freight=passengers
copyright=JPD612
payload=8
speed=768
power=5788
gear=40
weight=1
cost=1035000
runningcost=300
intro_year=2011
sound=5
smoke=-1
Constraint[Prev][0]=none
Constraint[Next][0]=none
EmptyImage[S]=s51.0.0
EmptyImage[SE]=s51.0.1
EmptyImage[E]=s51.0.2
EmptyImage[NE]=s51.0.3
EmptyImage[N]=s51.0.4
EmptyImage[NW]=s51.0.5
EmptyImage[W]=s51.0.6
EmptyImage[SW]=s51.0.7

The intro date is 2011 (Since thats when it starts to sell)
No retire date.
Power is 600, I made the correction, the conversions don't work for this..
Cost is 10350.00 and Running Costs are 3.00 per km.
I put in the "Useful Weight" as of wikipedia in, which is 292 kg, but conversion to tons, it's less than 1.

I'm still working on the model, but I don't have anything like makeobj at all, due to the fact I have a PowerPC mac. But...I think there was something like MakeObj for mac, I can't find it though.....

Edit: I changed the running cost to 3.00 for each km, thought it was a little better.

Edit: Check the attachments for the .dat file and .png file, the PNG is named HONDAJETFULLWIP.png and the DAT file is named HondaJet DAT file WIP.dat. Note that this plane is only a wip and I don't have MakeObj. I finally did this after being lazy for a while. My first project too.

Edit: I made the changes that the comment below said. The weight is changed, the power is changed, and the sound is set.
And also, how do you use the online dat file thing on the german simutrans site. You know, the one at this link? http://simutrans-germany.com/online_dat/
Yes, I am half Japanese.

vilvoh

In my opinion is too powerfull for only 8 passengers. I would set 450-1000 kW as much. On the other hand, the weight's value is wrong. It's measured in tons, not kg and as far as I remember you can't use decimals so the minimun weigth is 1 tn.

Btw, there's a sound for jet planes. If I remember correctly, it's sound nº 5..

JPdude612

I made the pak file on the German Online Dat Thingy, which took me some time, and I need to dos ome alignment and graphic editing to one of the frames. Other than that, the plane is quite nice. And since the Honda Jet will go about 778 KMH, I rounded up to 780 KMH.

All I have to say was....
It is difficult to make a plane for simutrans. But worth it. And it is REALLY hard to make it in paint. The style comes out differently Between Paint and 3D things. I can see the difference.

The pak file is zipped and attached. Yes, I know it needs changes. Don't tell me the ones listed.

EDIT: Use the updated one instead at the start of this topic!
Yes, I am half Japanese.

VS

It seems you did it all by yourself... so congratulations!

I believe sounds should be referred by file name, not number - that was the old syntax.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

JPdude612

Quote from: VS on May 10, 2010, 03:38:22 PM
I believe sounds should be referred by file name, not number - that was the old syntax.

I figured that out when I tried to make the Pak file on the German Online Dat thingy.

Quote from: VS on May 10, 2010, 03:38:22 PM
It seems you did it all by yourself... so congratulations!
Thanks! But Vilvoh did help me a little on it, as the above comments are manily Just me and Vilvoh talking about the DAT file.
Yes, I am half Japanese.

vilvoh

SW and NE views are out of scale, but in spite of that, I'm agree with VS. It's a very good first try. Well done..  8)

PS: Don't forget the smoke=-1 attribute and value, or the plane will be shown with smoke while it's moving through the taxiway..

JPdude612

Thanks!

I'm going to update the HondaJet in paint some other time and try to expirement with Blender. I should try the 3D modeling rather than Paint/MS Paint.
Yes, I am half Japanese.