News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

[bug 8.x] Credit limit not stored in save game

Started by sanna, June 05, 2010, 09:00:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanna

A "good" way to restore you credit limit in Sim Exp is to save the game and reload it. A newly loaded game always have max credit limit, which kind of removes the idea of a shrinking credit limit.

sdog

james, when you fix it, could you please keep the code and implement it in real life?

VS

sdog: I think you can already do it, although I'm not sure if we implemented loading in real life yet...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

jamespetts

Hmm, I can't reproduce this one, I'm afraid - producing a game in which I owed 4,500,000c, running it for 12 months, saving it then re-loading it produced a loaded game with a credit limit graph identical to the saved game and a credit limit specified of 0. Can you elaborate on the steps necessary to reproduce this?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

sanna

Well, the only thing I did was play and struggle to make ends meet *smile* By going into red more than 3 months running, my credit limit was affected dropping as low as approx 10,000, but upon saving and reloading it was back up to 50,000. Unfortunately I cannot give you a save game, since that will always show 50,000. Next time I start over (I am finally making some small profit...) I will try to document the process more closely if it occurs again...

jamespetts

What did the credit limit graph show when the game was reloaded?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

sanna

This:

Note however that this is not the graph from the first time I noticed it, but the second, when I am finally starting to break even... so the graph does not dip again.

jamespetts

Was the 5 month point when you loaded the game, or when you started to break even?

sanna

5 month point was when I reloaded the saved game.

jamespetts

Very odd indeed. That's totally different to the behaviour that I get. I don't really understand why it should differ...