News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Depot dialog size

Started by An_dz, September 26, 2010, 02:27:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

An_dz

Playing Simutrans I found that the Depot dialog needs to be bigger. If you look in the image above you can clearly see that the text appear outside the dialog.

Also I marked the top speed is shown on the side of Power.

I think that the size should be bigger to fit all strings. And if it become bigger, maybe we can change the string to add Top Speed as a new line, like in this example:

And also change the order of the lines if a trailer is selected like in this example:

I think that changing the order that way both trailer and engine became look alike, I prefer the power over the speed cause than the "capacity" is 1 line over making you find out when a trailer is selected. Here's a compare:

I know that I can resize the dialog manually, but it's so ugly seeing that a dialog needs to be resized to fit it's content.
I'm not a programmer, I did some programming but ridiculous. Anyway I don't think it's hard to code it, it's just a size. Maybe the change of line in the trailer may get some problem, but I think it won't take long.

I also think that some space should be added for all numbers stay in a row. I tested it right now and it worked cool, if you want to test too here are the strings:
QuoteLOCO_INFO
%s\nCost:        %d$ (%1.2f$/km)\nPower:      %dkW\nTop Speed: %dkm/h\nWeight:      %dt\n
QuoteLOCO_CAP
Capacity:   %d%s %s\n
QuoteWAGGON_INFO
%s\nCost:        %d$ (%1.2f$/km)\nCapacity:   %d%s %s\nWeight:      %dt\nTop speed: %dkm/h\n

prissi

Changing this string would require lots of translations to be done. But then stuff could be joined for cars and locos and fine tuning can be made easier. I am not sure about topspeed, since it is already shown.

And there is a problem: This screen is already almost too large for an iPhone screen. So probably tooltips would be better to use here.

An_dz

Quote from: prissi on September 26, 2010, 02:37:47 AM
Changing this string would require lots of translations to be done. But then stuff could be joined for cars and locos and fine tuning can be made easier. I am not sure about topspeed, since it is already shown.
I don't think so. On trailer only the order is changed, you only need to copy paste. And in the engine only Top Speed is added, you only need to copy paste from the trailer where it's shown. I can do it for all languages if you're busy.

Quote from: prissi on September 26, 2010, 02:37:47 AM
And there is a problem: This screen is already almost too large for an iPhone screen. So probably tooltips would be better to use here.
What is not too large for iPhone? :D Even small messages are too big.

An_dz

Prissi is something being made for this?
At least moving the Reselling Value?

Also about iPhone it needs some testing, the screen size in iPhone 3 and older is 320 x 480 at 163 ppi, on iPhone 4 it's 640 x 960 at 326 ppi.
Only changing screen size at simuconf.tab to these values can be a test for iPhone?

And what about iPad? The screen is bigger, this one can stay with normal dialogs.

Dwachs

With rev 3847 the reselling value is shown in the window.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

An_dz

Thanks dwachs, I downloaded version 3851 and it's now resized, thanks.

As I told prissi few posts later, I added "Top Speed" text in all languages. All translated with latest version from Simutranslator (04/Oct/2010 16:13). The Portuguese translation isn't here cause I'm discussing it at Portuguese Sub-forum. I didn't changed the strings for:

ce(C-English), id(Indonesia), tr(Turkish) REASON->EMPTY files
cn(Sim. Chinese) REASON->No LOCO_INFO exists
et(Eesti), gr(Ellinika), no(Norsk), ro(Romana) REASON->No WAGGON_INFO to copy "Top Speed" text
ca(Catala), dk(Dansk), fi(Suomi) REASON->The WAGGON_INFO is wrong translated, so no "Top Speed" text

BE - Belaruskaja Can't find a translator
LOCO_INFO
%s\nЦана: %d$ (%1.2f$/км)\nМагутнасць: %dкВт\nМакс. хутк.: %dкм/гадз\nВага: %dт\n

CZ - Cestina Wainting - VS still didn't changed
LOCO_INFO
%s\nCena: %d$ (%1.2f$/km)\nVýkon: %dKW\nMax. rychlost: %dkm/h\nHmotnost: %dt\n

DE - Deutsch Done - by Dwachs
LOCO_INFO
%s\nPreis:    %d$ (%1.2f$/km)\nLeistung: %dkW\nHöchstgeschw: %dkm/h\nGewicht:  %dt\n

EN - English Done - by Dwachs
LOCO_INFO
%s\nCost: %d$ (%1.2f$/km)\nPower: %dkW\nTop speed: %dkm/h\nWeight: %dt\n

ES - Espanol Done - by Vilvoh
LOCO_INFO
%s\nPrecio: %d$ (%1.2f$/km)\nPotencia: %dKW\nV. max %dkm/h\nPeso: %dt\n

FR - Francais Done - by Lmallet
LOCO_INFO
%s\nCoût: %d$ (%1.2f$/km)\nPuissance: %dkW\nVitesse maxi: %dkm/h\nPoids: %dt\n

HR - Hrvatski Wainting - PM sent to Nico192
LOCO_INFO
%s\nCijena: %d$ (%1.2f$/km)\nSnaga: %dKW\nMax. brzina: %dkm/h\nTezina: %dt\n

HU - Magyar Wainting - PM sent to Petter
LOCO_INFO
%s\nÁr: %d$ (%1.2f$/km)\nTeljesítmény: %dKW\nMax.seb: %dkm/ó\nSúly: %dt\n

IT - Italiano Done - by Fabio85
LOCO_INFO
%s\nCosti:         %d$ (%1.2f$/km)\nPotenza:     %dKW\nVelocita max.: %dkm/h\nPeso:          %dt\n

JA - Japanese Wainting - PM sent to Yoshi
LOCO_INFO
%s\n価格: %d$ (%1.2f$/km)\n出力: %dKW\n最高速度:%dkm/h\n重量: %dt\n

KO - Korean Can't find a translator
LOCO_INFO
%s\n비용: %d$ (%1.2f$/km)\n출력: %dkW\n최고속도: %dkm/h\n중량: %dt\n

LT - Lithuanian Can't find a translator
LOCO_INFO
%s\nKaina: %d$ (%1.2f$/km)\nGalia: %dkW\nMax Greitis: %dkm/h\nSvoris: %dt\n

NL - Nederlands Done - by Whoami and Combuijs
LOCO_INFO
%s\nPrijs: %d$ (%1.2f$/km)\nVermogen: %dkW\nTopsnelheid: %dkm/h\nGewicht: %dt\n

PL - Polski Can't find a translator
LOCO_INFO
%s\nCena: %d$ (%1.2f$/km)\nMoc: %dKW\nPrędkość max: %dkm\nMasa: %dt\n

PT - Português Done - by An_dz (me)
LOCO_INFO
%s\nPreço:       %d$  (%1.2f$/km)\nPotência:    %d KW\nVel. Máxima: %d km/h\nPeso:        %dt\n

RU - Russian Didn't looked for a translator yet
LOCO_INFO
%s\nЦена: %d$ (%1.2f$/км)\nМощность: %dкВт\nМакс. скорость: %dкм/ч\nВес: %dт\n

SK - Slovencina Can't find a translator
LOCO_INFO
%s\nCena : %d$ (%1.2f$/km)\nVýkon : %dkW\nMax. rýchlosť: %dkm/h\nHmotnosť : %dt\n

SV - Svenska Done - by Sanna
LOCO_INFO
%s\nPris: %d$ (%1.2f$/km)\nEffekt: %dkW\nToppfart: %dkm/t\nVikt: %dt\n

ZH - T. Chinese Can't find a translator
LOCO_INFO
%s\n價格:%d(消耗$%1.2f/km)\n功率:%dKW\n最高速度%dkm/h\n重量:%d 噸\n

I'll try contact with the translators of those languages with wrong translated strings.

Dwachs

I changed the German and English translations. You can submit the changed strings as suggestions at the translator site. Maybe you have to log out to be able to so.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

VS

The CZ version seems ok.

Aside: Maybe intro and retire dates could be collapsed into one line, too?

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

An_dz

You mean make the right column one line up?
If it's that I think it won't be cool, some vehicles have too big names.

Also, Dwachs and prissi, take a look at ship depot dialog, it's too big for iPhone version.

Lmallet

whoami

NL: seems OK to me.

Quote from: VS on October 05, 2010, 08:22:31 PM
Aside: Maybe intro and retire dates could be collapsed into one line, too?
Thats makes sense, but it needs abbreviated month names, e.g. "Available: Apr 1965 - Oct. 1978", and special case treatment when either date does no apply.

Combuijs

QuoteNL: seems OK to me.

Almost  ;)

%s\nPrijs : %d$ (%1.2f$/km)\nVermogen: %dkW\nTopsnelheid %dkm/u\nGewicht: %dt\n

would be better (Top added).

If you had not commented, I would not have seen the Dutch translation!

Edit: And km/h -> km/u. Also changed in Simutranslator.
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

An_dz

@Combuijs
I PM whoami that's why he commented, also your translation on Simutranslator have an "Enter"(New line) after the translation, that gives double \n on NL.tab what makes LOCO_CAP (capacity) stay out of dialog.

@VS
You didn't updated it on Simutranslator?

I'm still waiting for other translator I contacted, I updated the post showing status from the translations.

sanna

Set LOCO_INFO to %s\nPris: %d$ (%1.2f$/km)\nStyrka: %dkW,\nToppfart: %dkm/t\nVikt: %dt\n and updated WAGGON_INFO to use the same terminology in Swedish

vilvoh

ES is checked and modified too. I've used V. max instead of Velocidad máxima

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Combuijs

Quote@Combuijs
I PM whoami that's why he commented, also your translation on Simutranslator have an "Enter"(New line) after the translation, that gives double \n on NL.tab what makes LOCO_CAP (capacity) stay out of dialog.

I might be missing something here, but the English and German translation do also end with \n. Or do you mean that I accidently put a genuine new line (by using the Enter-key) extra in it? In that case, I have just tried to repair that.

whoami

Quote from: Combuijs on October 06, 2010, 05:11:39 PM
%s\nPrijs : %d$ (%1.2f$/km)\nVermogen: %dkW\nTopsnelheid %dkm/u\nGewicht: %dt\n
would be better (Top added).
OK, if the size still fits.

QuoteEdit: And km/h -> km/u. Also changed in Simutranslator.
I think this had been discussed before: h ist the international symbol for the time unit, so it is supposed to be used in every language.

Combuijs

QuoteI think this had been discussed before: h ist the international symbol for the time unit, so it is supposed to be used in every language.

I have never seen that discussion. But you are probably right. I have just checked. When I drive too fast on our national highways  :-[ the police always tells me the speed in km/h (and let me pay in Euros...).

Edit: translation changed for the n-th time...

vilvoh

Coumbuijs, I guess whoami was refering to a discussion we had about expressing the speed in mph or km/h.

An_dz

Quote from: Combuijs on October 07, 2010, 07:18:37 AM
do you mean that I accidently put a genuine new line (by using the Enter-key) extra in it?
Yes, you got the point, the problem is that it needs that \n, but with this new line it ends with \n\n Making LOCO_CAP string stay out of the dialog.
It's OK now.

Quote from: vilvoh on October 07, 2010, 07:01:50 AM
ES is checked and modified too. I've used V. max instead of Velocidad máxima
You only forgot to add a \n. Change the ", " between 'Potencia' and 'V. max' to a \n.  ;)

Quote from: sanna on October 07, 2010, 04:51:30 AM
Set LOCO_INFO to %s\nPris: %d$ (%1.2f$/km)\nStyrka: %dkW,\nToppfart: %dkm/t\nVikt: %dt\n and updated WAGGON_INFO to use the same terminology in Swedish
Maybe you would like to remove that comma(,) after Styrka.

@Lmallet
You made the same mistake Combuijs did, you need to remove the extra line(Enter-key).

Lmallet

Quote from: An_dz on October 07, 2010, 07:59:25 PM
@Lmallet
You made the same mistake Combuijs did, you need to remove the extra line(Enter-key).
Should be ok now.

vilvoh

You only forgot to add a \n. Change the ", " between 'Potencia' and 'V. max' to a \n.  ;)

It's done... ;D

sanna

Maybe you would like to remove that comma(,) after Styrka.
Done, and thank you also for alerting me on the use of the word Styrka, which is totally wrong is this context. Replaced it with Effekt.