News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Underground station - work in progress!

Started by KneeOn, November 19, 2010, 07:19:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KneeOn

Hello, IMHO Pak64 isn't very underground station/network friendly.

I've drawn up a very rough, non-special colourized underground station. Thing is its a bit bare.

What, dear Simusers, could I add/should I add? The station isn't going to be for use above ground so its got walls.

Lord Vetinari

Looks good!

My two cents:

-Advertising posters
-A sign with the name of the station (maybe, with the player color, if it's doable); of course not readable
-An exit with stairs
-Lights
-Benches
-Middle pillars (between the tracks)

If it's not too much, I'd say maybe make a set of stations with different combinations and an end tile with a wall at the end of the platform too.

KneeOn

Stairs and end platforms are planned.

I wasn't sure about Advertising - i thought it'd be too much at once but I'll do something perhaps with the word Knee (short for KneeOn funnily enough...) or just KneeOn as other people have done. Station names in player colour is a good idea, and more than do able because of the special colours. WHite back ground, darkest player colour in dots in the middle and then an slightly lighter edge.

Pillars in the middle is the best idea there! I thought it looked bare and tried to lay wires down but it looked shocking. Pillars would be awesome! Thanks.

Lights were supposedly incorperated in to the ceiling although i'll do soem wall ones (if theres space)

Benches are fairly obvious so i'm a bit slow for not picking that up!

Some sound suggestions, that would just work! Thanks  :D

EDIT: Posted, i'm quite pleased with it but Pak64 isn't my favoured ground, I like an extra pixel or two to use, while being able to spare it so Pak96 is my favoured drawing ground. But Pak64 has more so i continue to use it. Anyway here it is. Includes player colours for the tape on the wall, on the station name, and has adverts and pillars and a bench as well as wall fixed lights and every other yellow stud on the platform lines is glow in the dark.

electroduck

Nice graphic... maybe you could post a pak?
I would love to use it!
EAT BASE 64!
$TXkgbmFtZSBpcyBlbGVjdHJvZHVjay4NCllvdSBjYW4gdmlzaXQgbXkgd2ViIHNpdGUgYXQgaHR0cDovL3d3dy5lbGVjdHJvZHVjay5jb20vDQpJIGxpa2UgRG9mdXMgYW5kIFNpbXV0cmFucy4=

KneeOn

I've got to do 3 more views, and check they all line up etc. I hope to have 2 done tonight. Luckily since this is an underground station, I might only do 2 pictures, and flip them so that they can go on either way if you know what I mean. I also plan on doing a centeral platform. I don't know how to pak buildings (the dat bit confuses me) so for now its just a graphic that will hopefully be expanded on.

Thanks for the compliment though :D

prissi

If you jsut put them in correct order on 16 bit orientation, you can do many kinds of cool trans stations with just one menu entry.

KneeOn

If I knew what that was, Prissi it'd be a good start  :D

prissi

Scroll down on http://japanese.simutrans.com/index.php?cmd=read&page=%A5%A2%A5%C9%A5%AA%A5%F3%B3%AB%C8%AF%2Fdat%A5%D5%A5%A1%A5%A4%A5%EB%B5%AD%BD%D2%A5%EA%A5%D5%A5%A1%A5%EC%A5%F3%A5%B9 until you see two tracks. (A similar page is on the german wiki http://simutrans-germany.com/wiki/wiki/tiki-index.php?page=en_BackImage&machine_translate_to_lang=&no_bl=y )

Your station could just have identical 0,2,4,6 and 1,3,5,7 and 8,10,12,14 and 9,11,13,15 images and voila you will have correct stations with pillars even when using double tracks. YOu could even introduce walls at the end of a stations when those images are not identical.

KneeOn

So that'd mean the game would automatically create the end tile if i declare that for example 2 was a certian image in my png?

electroduck

If you can give me these two views,  I can make a station.
Veiws:
EAT BASE 64!
$TXkgbmFtZSBpcyBlbGVjdHJvZHVjay4NCllvdSBjYW4gdmlzaXQgbXkgd2ViIHNpdGUgYXQgaHR0cDovL3d3dy5lbGVjdHJvZHVjay5jb20vDQpJIGxpa2UgRG9mdXMgYW5kIFNpbXV0cmFucy4=

KneeOn

That wouldn't look very good though because of that wall, however as an initial release I can do that for tomorrow hopefully.

KneeOn

's graphic time!!! This is all for 16 bit orientation but theres enough to make 2 bit orientation there too. This has: The nortern end tile with the platform facing the player, the end tiles for when the platform isn't facing the player both south and west ones, the east/west flip of the first edit i did adding furnature to the station and the single tile station going north south.

vilvoh

I wouldn't add walls to south and east frontimages (first two images). The walls should be always at the back side, not at the front. The japanese metro stations are good examples of that.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

KneeOn

Quote from: vilvoh on November 22, 2010, 12:29:52 PM
I wouldn't add walls to south and east frontimages (first two images). The walls should be always at the back side, not at the front. The japanese metro stations are good examples of that.

So just leave it bare and see through?

vilvoh

Imho, you should do so. Anyway, make some tests and decide..

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

electroduck

EAT BASE 64!

greenling

Super a new modell for Simutrans.

greenling
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

KneeOn

I'm currently revising for exams in January and working to pay for Christmas so work hasn't happened. I've got some union/protest work to do later but I might fire up paint and draw some more views... although I can't imagine it'll be much more work now.

KneeOn

More, various graphics.

flips are to be done, will edit this post with them when they are done.

The first is the middle tile for the other direction platform. the other is the upper end tile... flips and one or two more platforms to be drawn then some flips then I think i'll be done.

Optimus Prime

An underground station would be a veery good option. Please do make one for suburban railways which could have 256 passengers per tile, and, an awesome building overt the underground stn., like some of the cities do to handle more passangers. Hope my opinion finds a place in ur pak.
With regards from
Optimus Prime

greenling

Hello Optimus Prime
KneeOn do in moment not work on projekt.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Optimus Prime

First of all, CONGRATS AND THANX FOR SUCH A PAK! I eally wish u the best regards for this babe! But, when the route having this station is electrified, it looks aweful! So, i believe that one needs to make a new rail
electrification pak for this.

Thank u.
With regards from
Optimus Prime

KneeOn

Sorry for the bump - I just wanted to say how shocked I was to see this in this forum and thought it hadn't been touched. I've not painted in a very long time but using Carl Barkers UK pak (64) has gotten me right back in to the game. I might *might* pick this back up. I still am not a fan of the stations in pak64. FWIW I now work on trains too!