News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Trolleybuses in Pak 64 ( Updated )

Started by Wender, November 17, 2008, 06:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wender

Hello, if I have committed spelling errors, forgive me, I used a translator.

Updated with new configurations for maximum speed, weight, etc.. Following the suggestions of Vilvoh (Thanks)

I am providing today 6 new urban vehicles with electricity set (Trolleybus) and also it's the first time I'm providing add-ons in English.

The low-floor vehicles are very common in the city of São Paulo - Brazil.

In the package, besides 6 vehicles, I also added the power grid (by japanese.simutrans.com), but I modified the maximum speed to 140.

I named the vehicles "PBT - Piso Baixo Trolleybus" (In English, Low-floor trolleybus ) and are available in 6 colors: blue (Azul), light blue (Azul Claro), green (Verde), light green (Verde Claro), red and black (Preto) (See image below).

NOTE: Vehicles only get out of the depot if you place power grids of this package in depots, without it, the vehicles won't leave the depot.

I hope you enjoy with my add-ons, Thank you, Wender-Brazil.

DirrrtyDirk

Don't worry about English - but it's not necessary to write your whole text in bold. That should be used for hightling specific and important parts only.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

IgorEliezer

I had seen this post... but I'm very very busy ATM.  :(

Dah! No problem. Fixing it won't hurt me. ;D

* Igor comes back to write his thesis *

vilvoh

The graphics are very good. I thought they were quite big, even say out of scale but when I've seen them in action I understood I was wrong. The weak point is that they're not balanced. Some suggestions for several atributes I would change:

• Cost: now 1.000 cr, very cheap for 98 passengers capacity. I would put 7.500, even 9.000 cr.
  • Runningcost: now 0.24!! my suggestion is about 4.00 and 6.00
  • Weight: well, considering its capacity I would add 2-3 tonnes more, until 19 tn
  • speed: now 100 km/h, I think too fast for a city transport. IMHO, 90 km/h would be enough
  • power:although is quite actual, 100 kw seems a lot. It accelerates very fast. I would change it to 75 - 85 kw, and I would also add gear to 0.80

All these are just suggestions that might improve the gameplay experience with these objects. The graphics are really good but the object is not playable enough. As I said before two thumbs up in graphics, but improvable at characteristics...

P.S: I thought you've already finished your thesis, Igor. Did you pass the exam you talked about some time ago?

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...