News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

[bug] Double city name

Started by Milko, October 05, 2011, 03:33:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milko

Hello

I'm using pak Brit 0.8.1 and simu exp 10.1.

Generating new map I obtain some city with double name (names are displayed in different ways).

It appear only using pak brit 0.8.1. Pak96c, pak64exp are not affected.

I do not know if it's a bug or a feature that I do not know.

Edit: Sorry this post have to be posted in bug reports :Edit

Giuseppe

Mod note: Standard report and version numbers are a few posts below.

jamespetts

I have seen this issue before, but never got to the bottom of what causes it. It occurs in code that is not specific to Experimental, though, as I have not done anything with the code for displaying city names. Do you know whether you can reproduce this in Standard?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Junna

Quote from: jamespetts on October 10, 2011, 09:55:16 PM
I have seen this issue before, but never got to the bottom of what causes it. It occurs in code that is not specific to Experimental, though, as I have not done anything with the code for displaying city names. Do you know whether you can reproduce this in Standard?

I have so far not been able to reproduce it even with experimental using pak64 or pak128. It seems to be related to pak128.britain only.

jamespetts

How very odd - it's hard to understand why this should be pakset specific. Can anyone reproduce this with the Standard version of Pak128.Britain?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Milko

Hello

Even using pak128brit (standard) and standard simutrans 110.0.2 - 01/09/2011 the problem occurs anyway. I write directly in the message forum simutrans standards.

Giuseppe

jamespetts

Don't worry - I'll move the topic. Thank you for testing!

VS

I removed the other thread to prevent splitting discussion across two threads. Also, added link to first message so that people don't complain this doesn't belong here. Hope that's ok...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

prissi

This is usually due to a change in city hall layout between pakset versions. The new townhall was smaller or had a differetn layout and thus the old text was orphaned.

Milko

Hello

In this example I'm starting a new game. It can also happen with new games?

Giuseppe

prissi

I am not sure. Seems to be conencted with pak128.britain. Please tell me exactly what you had done to create this (i.e. all settings of the map).

Milko

Hello

The problem occurs even with a new installation of simutrans pak128britain standard (1.0.8) and then using the default settings to generate the map.

Using low numbers of cities (eg 16), it is possible that the problem manifests itself after creating two or three maps.

The problem also occurs for both large and small cities.

Giuseppe

Dwachs

should be fixed now with r4862.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.