News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Editing Settings in Saved Files

Started by Anderson, December 23, 2011, 11:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anderson

Is there a way to tinker with settings in a saved file?  Notably, I'd like to speed up the "fast mode" in a saved file...I think it got slowed down when I installed the latest update for Experimental.

Zeno

You can try to open the new game window, click the settings button and change there whatever you want to change. Then close all the open windows without creating the new game. Some settings can be changed this way, but most of them won't be saved into the savegame and will need to be changed again on further loadings.

Edit: The FFwd speed can be changed in simuconfig.tab file, IIRC. And that should affect saved games as well as new ones.

dustNbone

If you press i during gameplay this brings up a settings window.  I think FF speed can be altered on the fly in there, along with a few other things.

mopoona

Is there any way to change the passenger generation settings?
Greetings from Düsseldorf

jamespetts

Which passenger generation settings do you want to change?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

mopoona

The passenger distribution values. mac/min distance and chances for local, mid range and long distance travel...

jamespetts

These can be changed: see the Experimental>passengers tab on the settings window.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

mopoona

Chaning these values seems to have no effect on older savegames...

jamespetts

Carl

I think perhaps the confusion here might be the ambiguity of "settings window". jamespetts is referring to the in-game settings window, triggered by the 'i' key in many paksets, and changing the values there will alter an ongoing savegame. The pre-game settings window, accessed when starting a new game, will not alter settings in an ongoing savegame.

mopoona

Oh now I understand. Thank you very much! I didn't know this additional in-game settings menu. There was no shortcut assigned to it in the original pak.german.

Is there any way to save these values with the savegame? You can only use the left- and right arrow buttons to modify there values and you cannot enter the numbers directly...

jamespetts

Ahh,  yes, you need to change menuconf.tab in some of the paksets to use this feature. If you use the in-game settings window described by Carl, those values will be saved with your saved game.