News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

1000th member

Started by wipi35, August 16, 2008, 09:27:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wipi35

Today the 1000th member registered, that's abt 50 new members/day.
That's what I call a fast growing community!

PatrickN

I noticed it was getting really close last night.  How many members were on the previous forum?

Painter, in and out of retirement.

vilvoh

If I remember correctly around 1650 -1700..

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Colin

I suppose what has happened is that old/defunct/deceased members have been weeded out because 1. they no longer play the game and 2. they don't use the forum anymore so are unaware of the changes.

I'll try and get in touch with my long deceased father and see if he can reserect some interest with his mates. Could be some HOT!!! topics then. On second thoughts, it wouldn't be good for a game made in heaven.  ;D ;D.
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

wipi35

So quite a rejuvenation for the forum. Not bad at all!

IgorEliezer

I had got one of latest stats of old forum before being archived.

Just for curiosity...

(at August 9th, 2008)

General Statistics
Total Members: 1269
Total Posts: 68530
Total Topics: 6808
Total Categories: 19
Most Online: 765 - June 29, 2007
Total page views: 12982585
Average registrations per day: 3.28
Average posts per day: 63.99
Average topics per day: 6.27
Total Boards: 125
Latest Member: DrSlump
Average online per day: 140.64
Male to Female Ratio: 48.7:1
Average page views per day: 11622.73

Top 10 Posters
Isaac.Eiland-Hall 6702
prissi 5135
fagonella 4016
stormoog 3269
Hajo 3174
napik 2477
Timothy 2164
IgorTekton 1944
vilvoh 1694
VS 1568

Top Topic Starters
Isaac.Eiland-Hall 692
fagonella 200
stormoog 197
prissi 190
Timothy 151
IgorTekton 143
z9999 143
Colin 126
vilvoh 118
whoami 110

Most Time Online
vilvoh 80d 5h 42m
IgorTekton 71d 19h 33m
kierongreen 54d 11h 9m
shunter 43d 17h 54m
coo 40d 8h 21m
Isaac.Eiland-Hall 37d 1h 50m
fagonella 36d 18h 17m
Timothy 36d 2h 51m
VS 30d 21h 11m
prissi 30d 19h 4m

Forum History

Monthly Summary | New Topics | New Posts | New Members | Most Online | Page views
August 2008          2 34 6 263 40699
July 2008            189 1578 98 308 748684
June 2008            154 1275 90 332 587013

Combuijs

Seems Prissi is a lot more efficient in his on-line time than you, IgorTekton  ;D
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

wipi35

Time for a new performance indicator, nr of posts/hrs on line?

vilvoh

Could be based in this one..... ::)....Anyway, is it necessary to measure IgorTekton efficiency? we all know that he spends most of his time painting...

Now talking seriously, It's online time is not a good indicator. In fact, as you can see in the statistics posted above, I spent 80 days in the old forum but I assure you that I was not physically in front of the pc using the forum those 80 days. Perhaps a fourth part as much. You know, I love this forum but not as much... ;)

wipi35

Quote from: vilvoh on August 18, 2008, 11:54:37 AM
Could be based in this one..... ::)

I got message:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /miscellanea/archive/2008-05-19-meeting-efficiency.png on this server.

You may need to create an index.html page or enable the directory browsing by creating an .htaccess file containing "Options +Indexes".

vilvoh

D'oh... I linked the image instead of the html. Now it's fixed

wipi35

Agree!
My suggestion for a new performance indicator was not meant seriously. I'm missing the wide variety of smileys of the old forum  :'(

vilvoh

That's because smileys affect to forum members performance.... ;)

IgorEliezer

Quote from: vilvoh on August 18, 2008, 11:54:37 AM
Anyway, is it necessary to measure IgorTekton efficiency? we all know that he spends most of his time designing and projecting in his job and university...

Fixed ;)

Quote from: vilvoh on August 18, 2008, 12:23:37 PM
That's because smileys affect to forum members performance.... ;)

Noobs (inconvenient forum members who act like children) like to abuse smiley's usage A LOT. Not that I'm not felling the lack too... (Be sure, I am) ... I could think to add a couple of them in post form, listen, just some of them, not myriad and myriad of smileys.

prissi

Personally, I do not think we need any more smileys.

sojo

I am prissis opinion. But I would take a different set Smilies. This is not so nice.

f.e. here some nice smilies: http://www.greensmilies.com/
"English is a easy language. But not for me." ;) sojo

follow simutrans_de on Twitter
- A home for Simutrans (in german)

DirrrtyDirk

When the standard smilies aren't enough, posters can always include smilies from external sites like http://www.cheesebuerger.de/smilie.php?setlang=english for example.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

sojo

thats crazy!   

Thanx Dirk
"English is a easy language. But not for me." ;) sojo

follow simutrans_de on Twitter
- A home for Simutrans (in german)

robofish

I don't want to get off the smilie topic ;) but we now have even more members then in the old forum *happy*

DirrrtyDirk

The problem with that number is... it's pretty much worthless. So, at this moment almost 1500 people registered - but I can't say that I have seen several hundreds of people really taking part in this community (not now, nor back on the old forum)... it all comes down to a few dozen, well known faces... errr, I mean signatures.

On the other hand, even if only 10% of all registered users do happen to say something, then a growing number of registration will have an effect - just indirectly. ;)

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

PatrickN

What is really kind of sad is that I'm in the top 10 of most time online.  I hardly even contribute anything, and even more rarely play simutrans.  Although I've made and lost several small simufortunes in the last few weeks.

Painter, in and out of retirement.