News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

New game intercity roads

Started by hreintke, July 01, 2012, 10:22:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hreintke

LS,

I am fairly new to simutrans so I might do something small wrong. Checked the forums but couldn't find the answer.

When starting a new game using pak64, initial intercity roads are always made of cobblestone road.
I used a variety of starting years (1930,1960,1980,2000). Changing intercity road definition in simuconf.tab to asphalt_road resulted in a game without intercity roads at all.
Using pak128 it seems to work.

So the question is :

What setup should I use so a pak64 new game uses asphalt road as intercity type road ?

Kind regards,

Herman

Ters

Did you try all those years after having changed to asphalt_road, or just before?

hreintke

Hi Ters,

Was not sure so did a structured test.

in simuconf.tab : intercity_road[0] = asphalt_road,0,1990

1930 city : cobble, intercity cobble
1950 city : asphalt, intercity cobble
1980 city : asphalt, intercity not generated
2000 city : asphalt, intercity cobble

no enty in simuconf.tab
comment says : # default: city_road

1930 city : cobble, intercity cobble
1950 city : asphalt, intercity cobble
1980 city : asphalt, intercity cobble
2000 city : asphalt, intercity cobble

Ters

Are you doing these changes in the pak set's simuconf.tab, or the main/personal simuconf.tab? I am able to generate intercity asphalt roads with pak64 by editing the former, and noticed that pak64 seems to use an older syntax for intercity roads.

hreintke

Ters,

I indeed updated the main simuconf (did nit know there was another).
Updating the simuconf.tab in the pak directory creates always the asphalt road.

So, ready to generate the game I want to start playing a pak64 game and another thing to learn (when is which simuconf in place/use) in more detail to understand all of ST

Thanks for helping out.

Herman

Ters

There are multiple simuconf.tab files. The one under simutrans/config is read first. Then pak specific and user specific files are read which override the defaults with values suitable for the specific pak set (not all have cobblestone or even asphalt roads) and with the players personal preferences. I don't remember the exact sequence, but it has been listed somewhere in this forum.