News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Tracks replacement project for pak 128

Started by Fabio, February 14, 2009, 03:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonu

I recompiled with makeobj 55 and the bug gets fixed. Thanks!

HDomos

On the 200km/h tunnel entrance, there is a white line (arc) on the right side.

And the top left corner of both entrance is a bit strange (not anti-aliased)...
(I noticed the second only when i zoomed in to take a picture of the first :D)

Fabio

Quote from: tonu on November 29, 2012, 04:34:38 PM
I also found a light blue stripe in the diagonal tracks (independent of the player colour):

Regards

It should be fixed in r1078.

greenling

Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Fabio

Freight (60 & 80 km/h) tracks, bridges and tunnel are now in r1099.

Here's the bridges:

Just few are missing now.

sdog

posting on github on the work on this project:
https://plus.google.com/115377746519459832106/posts/LwhaN5uBaJ1
A Glimpse of Fabio Gonellas work

To get an impression of the incredible amount of work involved with Fabio Gonella's new rail project, have a look at this commit*. It is only one of many of similar extend. Not only did he have to pain a large number of images, but also cut them into appropriate tiles, take care of front and back images (something that is displayed before or behind a passing train) and write extensive dat files defining how the images are assembled by the game engine.

*A commit, in a version control system, is a bundle of changes to the previous version. The presentation of it on github shows what was added and what was removed.

(gs)
#simutrans   #simutranspak128  
links to: https://github.com/pak128svn/simutrans-pak128/commit/f0a5e0095c36be468cef3f8324c6112b9548b791

greenling

(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)

sdog

greenling

sdog
i think that´s better it all orginal data for Pak128 Standart to park at on simutrans.svn.sourceforge.net
and the data for Pak128 exp on the github server.

sdog

all the data is on the SVN greenling, github is only a copy. It is helpful if someone develops on git, or use the nice overview of the changes at github. (it has very nice graphical representation).

But you are in one thing absolutely right, i ought to clearly state that it is only a copy of the SVN.

dekema2

Quote from: Fabio on November 26, 2012, 11:47:44 PM
Thank you sdog!

Of course the golden age of truss bridges was in the first third of 20th century. Iron bridges are rarer in recent times, but not unheard of.

This bridge was opened in Strasbourg in 2010: http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11969371

This one (road) was built in 2005  in upstate New York: http://bridgehunter.com/ny/niagara/prospect-street/

I favor a consistent look over engineering accuracy. This bridge is to replace the 200 km/h one, so it better look similar, but somehow upgraded, on steroids.

Also bridge design is strictly limited in Simutrans. Most modern steel bridges are a single through arch. Here we can't reproduce them, or they look ridiculous with a 1 tile span.

Believe it or not I went under the second bridge before. This is the Erie Canal. There is even an upside down truss bridge in this same city. Losts of nridges.

tonu

The complete track set is great! Excellent work. As the speeds of the tracks has changed, maybe the electrifications' speeds would be changed:
110 km/h --> 100 km/h
160 km/h --> 180 km/h (and change the intersections, they are curved and new tracks are oblique)
280 km/h --> 240 km/h
400 km/h no change
What do you think?

Fabio

Thank you Tonu!

Definitely electrification must be changed somehow, maybe adding some new catenary as well.

almaf

I found this crossing without signals and wrong color scheme.
I don't know if is intentional or not.

See attached image. Only happens with a 60 and 80 km/h track.

VS

This is the "slow" crossing (relatively rare). Colour is not intended, just forgotten. Old tracks were bright like that piece. The other crossing matches the new ones only by chance as well.

I'll see what can be done about this...

edit: Fix committed :) Too late to bother with screenshots and that, sorry...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

dennosius

Great work! I'm really enjoying the new tunnels and (high) tracks.

Just a remark on the 400km/h track (also applies to the 320): It takes (320: almost) the whole tile, so it connects if built as a double track - but it splits up if built diagonally. My idea would be to leave away the concrete and have a fence around it instead.

The grey concete also makes those tracks look too bold in my eyes. This is of course a matter of taste and high-speed tracks may attract some attention, but a double high speed track attracts too much optical attention.

And another idea (a propos fence):

In my "first Simutrans life", I played with pak.german and it had (and probably still has) fences. That fence is really nice, at it allows city planning a bit. I know Simutrans is not SimCity, but I still like to do city planning a bit, also because how the AI builds city roads... So putting a fence around (meaning on both sides besides it) a fast road prevented a city from claiming the road as a city road and emerge in that direction, for example.

As Simutrans doesn't know fences, I think how they implemented it was as a railway (or narrow gauge or whatever) track with a minimal maxspeed, but still put it to the other tools menu. I'd love to have such fence in pak128.

mEGa

Current projects in progress : improvements of few designed french paks

AlexSmith

@ASV62 and guys ...

I used one of your images (the one with bridges) to make a review of Simutrans for my trains gaming blog.
I also linked to the official site (download page) and used the official logo too (hopefully that's ok).
Plz check the Simutrans review here and let me know if it is OK to use all that and of course feel free to let me know what you think about the review itself.
BTW, I am a Simutrans fan but barely a newbie ...