News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Strange passenger numbers and loading behavior

Started by zook2, December 05, 2017, 03:04:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jando

Quote from: jamespetts on December 12, 2017, 12:26:19 AM
Jando - are you able to upload a saved game in which this can (even after a period of time) reliably be reproduced in a specific place and at a specific time?

Sadly not, James, I made a save when I noticed that behaviour but on loading that saved game everything was fine again. Forgot to make a screenshot before loading, sorry. I don't know what causes it but I had changed lines at that stop (let's call it stop A) a game-month or two earlier. Changed 1 line going from stop A to C to A-B-C, removed line A-B and made a new line A-D. Line A-E was unchanged and continued to work although E was not shown as destination in the stop's detail window too.

But it's just a wild guess that changing lines and routes caused the error. And I don't have a saved game from before the change, thus hard to reproduce. I'll make sure I have a saved game next time I rearrange some routes like that.

jamespetts

Jando - thank you for letting me know. This looks to be an unrelated bug. Unfortunately, I am not realistically likely to be able to investigate this without a means of being able to reproduce it reliably. If you find such a means, I should be grateful if you could post a bug report for it in a fresh thread.

I have, incidentally, pushed a further fix for a related issue, which should also be available in to-morrow's nightly build.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

wlindley

Quote from: Ves on December 11, 2017, 08:01:47 PM
Wlindley, could you upload the savegame with that bug, so I can look into it? On my testgame the bug doesnt exists, so I would be happy to have yours! :)

Savegame should be here, with example ship showing coal, grain, and woodchips under "long goods" instead of bulk:

Ves

Thanks Wlindley, that helped alot!
I believe I have fixed the issue now, it is available here: https://github.com/VictorErik/Simutrans-Experimental-Ves/tree/small-gui-fixes

There are some additional fixes in the push, but I will write about those in this thread: "Small GUI-adjustments" https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=17562.0

jamespetts

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

zook2

I'm pretty sure it was buggy, but with today's version and some bug hunting, I've only spotted this behavior in ports which are served by multiple shipping lines.

For example: a port is served by two lines, one is passing through to the north, the other is a circle line with four ships on alternate directions. Only a few passengers of those with a particular destination board a ship, even if it's going directly to where they want to go. Obviously all the lines/ships have different trip times. Maybe it's just my lack of understanding of the routing system?

jamespetts

The way in which this works is that, for each trip from each stop to each other stop, there is a particular path stored by the game, which involves taking convoys of specific lines at each stop at which the passengers, mail and goods find themselves until reaching the final destination.

However, when any convoy arrives, the passengers/mail/goods check to see whether that convoy will get them to their next transfer (or, if it is a direct route, to their ultimate destination) faster than the next convoy of the line that the pre-set path dictates. If it does, they will board that convoy instead of that dictated by the pre-set path.

If you think that there is a specific situation in which this is not working correctly, this will be a completely separate bug from that reported here, and I should be grateful if you could post a separate bug report, complete with saved game in which this can reliably be reproduced in a specific location in that saved game.

Junna

I'm getting passenger's overcrowidng beyond any limits on a lot of stage coaches once more with the latest nightly. Like 55 people in a stage coach and stuff, though it has no overcrowding defined at all now, as happened before.

jamespetts

Quote from: Junna on December 17, 2017, 01:48:45 PM
I'm getting passenger's overcrowidng beyond any limits on a lot of stage coaches once more with the latest nightly. Like 55 people in a stage coach and stuff, though it has no overcrowding defined at all now, as happened before.

Can you let me know specifically where on the current server game that this is occurring so that I can find and fix the problem?

jamespetts

Can I check whether this is now fixed or whether any of these issues remain outstanding?

Ves

I pushed a fix to https://github.com/VictorErik/Simutrans-Experimental-Ves/tree/small-gui-fixes which should address the sort by wealth issues, that, when sorting by wealth and mail, but no passengers, was loaded, the entries was mixed up.

Can you confirm on your games, all who contributed to this thread, that the two sorth by wealth's is working correctly?