News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Bridge deletion corruption issues

Started by Rollmaterial, July 08, 2021, 10:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Rollmaterial

Does this cause corruption when removing tunnels? Asking to avoid potential duplicate bug reports.

Mod note: This has been split from this unrelated topic

Matthew

Quote from: Rollmaterial on July 08, 2021, 10:24:58 PM
Does this cause corruption when removing tunnels? Asking to avoid potential duplicate bug reports.

I seems unlikely, though this kind of thing is way out of my depth.

I tried building tunnels in the latest client's single-player mode and nothing strange happened, though that does not test for out-of-sync errors in network games.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

Rollmaterial

What I'm describing doesn't seem to occur when removing the entire tunnel by using the general remove tool on a portal. It only occurs with the way removal tool.

Matthew

Quote from: Rollmaterial on July 09, 2021, 02:52:26 PM
What I'm describing doesn't seem to occur when removing the entire tunnel by using the general remove tool on a portal. It only occurs with the way removal tool.

I'd suggest you open a separate bug report with steps to reproduce. This bug report is about sync_step which I think (I mioght be wrong) handles routine movement of convoys, not way construction/destruction. I suggest you also skim-read these two bug reports. Also, please note whether the affected tunnels have Public right of way (PROW), because that could be important, since the PROW code was recently changed.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

Ranran(Hibernating)

Quote from: Rollmaterial on July 08, 2021, 10:24:58 PMDoes this cause corruption when removing tunnels? Asking to avoid potential duplicate bug reports.
This seems to be another bug. I haven't looked into it because I don't have time, but I'm guessing it's a merge retake error.

https://github.com/Ranran-the-JuicyPork/simutrans-extended/commit/c7fcb7b183fac385acedcc564267ac47368d8fcf
I don't know why the result of cherry picking this commit again was as this, but I'm guessing it was the cause.
(´・ω・`)シミュトランスのアップデート履歴(日本語) (※更新停止中)
bit.ly/3AuKHHP

Matthew

Quote from: Ranran on July 09, 2021, 04:06:34 PM
This seems to be another bug. I haven't looked into it because I don't have time, but I'm guessing it's a merge retake error.

https://github.com/Ranran-the-JuicyPork/simutrans-extended/commit/c7fcb7b183fac385acedcc564267ac47368d8fcf
I don't know why the result of cherry picking this commit again was as this, but I'm guessing it was the cause.


That commit was announced in this post.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。