News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

pak192.comic Screenshots

Started by Michael 'Cruzer', June 14, 2009, 07:53:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael 'Cruzer'

ATTENTION: This first posts are outdated. Have a look at the end of the thread for more recent screenshots!

Since the development of the pak192.comic is only in the German Simutrans Forum, I'll post here some screenshot for getting some impressions of the young Pak-Set.

A first experiment with horses and horse drawn vehicles:

Two new buildings, which were create in the last week:

Modern high speed trains:

Edit 07/08/2010:
Very big cathetral:
Founder and Ex-Maintainer of pak192.comic. Provider of Simutrans Hosting rental service.

KrazyJay

Looks very nice! Hopefully it wont upset you, but I'd like to give some feedback. Do with it what you prefer. ;)

+ Very clear design
+ Narrow gauge!
+ slick design of trains and buildings

- Tile size allows for higher and more minor details like different greenery, even dog turds on pavements, tile size is not really used to the max.
- switches of tracks could look more real. Again, the tile size would allow more real graphics.

Conclusion:
The advantage of 192px² tiles is the space for little details on tiles, it gives the creator of this pak set a great opportunity for creativity and that could turn out to be the reason for people to pick this pak. Unfortunately details like detailed tracks and a little dirty pavement (because people do pollute) is something I am missing here a little. It would greatly improve this pak if it were a little more detailed, the bigger the tile, the more it could resemble reality. It would be interesting to see where this pak is going, and it could be a favorite, at least on my list if worked out well.. :)

Played Simutrans in:
~ The Netherlands ~ United Kingdom ~ Taiwan ~ Belgium ~

Simutrans player

jamespetts

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Michael 'Cruzer'

Some more screenshots.

Sorry I lost the image. :(
Founder and Ex-Maintainer of pak192.comic. Provider of Simutrans Hosting rental service.

Matthi205

looks really nice,bad that the comp is too lame for it.it uses the swap and needs 10 minutes for creating a 128x128 map with pak64.I'm doomed forever inthe world of lame comps!
The Green Mage of Darkness living in the summer hell and in the country where it snows till May with -21 *C  ;D

Dwachs

Quote from: Matthi205 on June 17, 2009, 04:05:46 AM
looks really nice,bad that the comp is too lame for it.it uses the swap and needs 10 minutes for creating a 64x64 map with pak64.I'm doomed forever inthe world of lame comps!

64x64 should be really quick. It seems your map generation parameters are screwed. Maybe number of industries is set way too high.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Yes, if you don't mind sharing the values you use, we'll see if we can see any changes to suggest... :)

If it takes 10 minutes to generate the map, I would expect the game to essentially be unplayable - so hopefully it's just some setting out a bit...

The Hood

If the ratio industry/towns is high then I can't generate maps either. 

Matthi205

I just got a new computer,so the problem is no more.
And yes isaac,the map generation of a 128x128 map with 20 cities,median city size 1200 and industry chains50 took really 10 minutes,but it was playable at all.

BTW:900Mhz,154MB of RAM and 512 MB swap along with a Nvidia graphics card 8 years old and debian 5.0 makes the computer(the old one)run really slow...:(
The Green Mage of Darkness living in the summer hell and in the country where it snows till May with -21 *C  ;D

Isaac Eiland-Hall

I'm pretty sure 50 industry chains won't fit on a 128x128 map. :-)

Matthi205

Michael 'Cruzer'

jamespetts

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Michael 'Cruzer'

jamespetts

Very lovely! It looks as though it is probably very relaxing to live there ;-)

Michael 'Cruzer'

Quote from: jamespetts on July 19, 2009, 07:22:38 PM
Very lovely! It looks as though it is probably very relaxing to live there ;-)

Great that you like it. :)

Michael 'Cruzer'

The next image is not a real screenshot, but I think it's great enough to show here.
The images shows the new train depot:

jamespetts

Maragil

At the request of Michael, I've created a 'montage' /logo for 192.Comic. Still rather big, but I can scale down if needed.Still trying to fill those white bits...

http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/Pak192.png

H./

Michael 'Cruzer'

Hm, but I thought of a vectorial graphic logo. Not a screenshot montage.

Michael 'Cruzer'

Some new screenshots from PAK192.COMIC...
(Click at the image to see it in full size!!!)

vilvoh

The cathedral looks great!  :)

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Kondator

I like this pak a lot, mainly the pedestrian in the bank, I never have seen the church in game
I am wishing to have my holidays for make some graphics for the pak.
¡¡ Good work guys !!

PappeTeeMaster

pak192.comic is still alive...
on the picture you see our new cathedral and some other stuff

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/4813/praes.png
Rainforest Instead of Palm Oil !!

pak192.comic - Download Version 0.5 - Czech AddOns for pak192.comic

jonasbb

Is this the final version?
It looks fantastic.

PappeTeeMaster

i think it's the final version

Isaac Eiland-Hall

vilvoh

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Qayyum

Woah. This is seriously good stuff!

These screenshots reminds me of Habbo though.
ALLMYCONTENTISPUBLICDOMAINBUTNOEXPLOITATION

Simutrans - the open source Transport Tycoon Deluxe clone.

PappeTeeMaster

this is my first attempt of a "modern" comic steam locomotive

KrazyJay

Maybe I've been searching in the wrong place, but talking about the final version, where can I download this?

I searched on the forums, but the links to the German forums are at least a year old, Sourceforge has pak192 available, but they seem old(er) versions as well, with the most recent date being 2010-01-04.

Looking at this thread, it seems the final version appeared after April. Where to find this version?

Thanks for any info/updates!

Played Simutrans in:
~ The Netherlands ~ United Kingdom ~ Taiwan ~ Belgium ~

Simutrans player