News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

MLM developements !

Started by gauthier, August 30, 2008, 05:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phantom25

When I try to download from the links above,

http://dodownload.filefront.com/12204776//b165f55dd2e7df369f29691245687f30bf75812e9aa1d7f8b73603f481f1e9d77e4f94134fe2a56e
http://dodownload.filefront.com/12204788//b165f55dd2e7df369f29691245687f30bf75812e9aa1d7f8b73603f481f1e9d77e4f94134fe2a56e

I get:

"Your download has failed. You have an invalid session set. Click here to try your download again."

Why, what session ID? Is there a procedure of FileFront in order to get a sessionID, in order to download?

DirrrtyDirk

Quote from: phantom25 on November 24, 2008, 09:02:12 PM
"Your download has failed. You have an invalid session set. Click here to try your download again."

Doing that works for me.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

phantom25

Thanks for that hint. Clicking on Click here brings up this error message:

"There was an error processing your request. Please wait while your request is retried in 10 seconds...
If this error persists, please contact FileFront support."

Then it is retried in 10 seconds, and brings again up this message, and so indefinitely...

Isn't there a way to host the file(s) (also) on a (different) server, which does not utilise the (complicated and unessessary) "sessionID" system?

DirrrtyDirk

Hmmm then I think maybe gauthier should find another (better) place to put these files...

maister

Mhmm, i has the same Problem if I would download it from Abu Dhabi Airport. But from Dubai and from Abu Dhabi City it is work. I think FileFront works only if you go over a server witch one has a "right configuration". (no idea)
" border="0 (swiss) *pak 128*

gauthier

The download's address changes, I had this problem already two times...

this link should always work but isn't direct.
=> http://files.filefront.com/MLM+devzip/;12204776;/fileinfo.html

QuoteHmmm then I think maybe gauthier should find another (better) place to put these files...
I have already tried file hosts which google gave to me but :
the first : when downloading, I had some xxx adds ...
the others : downloading and uploading are very long and the site isn't very nice.

I tried filefront because I knew and I found it almost perfect for me.

phantom25

Thanks, this link without any strange Hexadecimal characters inside worked.  ;D

One more question:

Now, when I managed to download, how do I exactly enable the maglev in "menuconf.tab"?
There is some description inside regarding maglev, I looked through other menu definitions, but have not really understood.
Must some lines be added, or what, to actually see maglev? Some of stations appear in normal railway, and this looks great (a new variety of stations.  8) ).

But, what to do, to actually see the maglev menu/be able to try maglev out? What lines need to be added/modified?

EDIT: I found the answer in: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=238.0.
The "quick and dirty method" worked and is OK for testing. By just adding this lines into menuconf.tab:

# hack for maglevtools (waytype 6)
toolbar[3][10]=-
toolbar[3][11]=ways(6,0)
toolbar[3][12]=ways(6,1)
toolbar[3][13]=bridges(6)
toolbar[3][14]=tunnels(6)
toolbar[3][15]=wayobjs(6)
toolbar[3][16]=signs(6)
toolbar[3][17]=general_tool[17],18,,6
toolbar[3][18]=buildings(33,6)
toolbar[3][19]=buildings(34,6)
toolbar[3][20]=buildings(35,6)

the tools are available under monorail (althorough ugly, but working).

Also symbol.MaglevStop.pak had to be put manually in pak128 folder , or otherwise Simutrans would crash on refering to a maglev station or line reference.

In non-nightly final version new maglev menu will hopefully be present by default (since now menues are configurable) ;)

gauthier

Did you try downloading my menuconf.tab in the first post of this topic ? I have inserted a new toolbar just after monorail one, it hase the same icon (I have asked for an icon for maglevs and purposed an icon for it).

phantom25

Now I did download and try.

Must confirm that it also works good with r2145.
Now there are two separate menues, one labeled Monorail/Maglev tools and other labeled just MAGLEV (since I am missing the correct translation of this tool for English language in Simutrans).

Thanks for this hint. Sorry, I have overlooked that you posted the menu configuration.

gauthier

Try modifying this file, you'll know how to modify it by trying ;)

borja

Hi, I have a problem when i tried to put the maglev depot, appears this error:

FATAL ERROR: wkz_depot()
called with unknown besch magnetic_depot_snfos_2003
PRESS ANY KEY

Someone can help me please? Thanks!

DirrrtyDirk

Probably some file missing...

What version of simutrans do you use? (maglev only really worked after 100.0, so you'd need a nightly version - but unfortunately the server is currently down)

And what version of pak128? (if you use an older version, the needed symbol.MaglevStop.pak is probably missing - that has also been included in the nighly versions of pak128 for a while now, but again: the server is currently down - and probably won't be fixed before next week)

borja

I use the pak 128. All are the latest versions, all of them are from the nighly versions, and also I have the symbol.MaglevStop.pak. So I didn't now how resolve the problem.

DirrrtyDirk

Generally, as I've said earlier: "the latest" is usually nothing anybody can work with (at least not very well) here - especially since it is often not even correct. So please, when asked about versions, try to give us the numbers. Thank you.

As for the error... if it isn't caused by a missing file (as it used to be, in the past) then I don't know - maglev (although something else than gauthier's stuff) works on my simutrans... and it shouldn't be a general error of the MLM stuff (as I think it would have shown by now, if something as basic as building a depot wouldn't work). So my guess is that something's (still) missing in your pak folder...

VS

Today's latest is history next week.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

emaxectranspoorte

Quote from: borja on December 24, 2008, 01:24:38 PM
Hi, I have a problem when i tried to put the maglev depot, appears this error:

FATAL ERROR: wkz_depot()
called with unknown besch magnetic_depot_snfos_2003
PRESS ANY KEY

Someone can help me please? Thanks!

Guess what ... Even though I've got MLM dvelopments now, I have the same problem. I'm using version 100.1 pak128 and have all the latest I need. Checked it thouroughly, this time.

emaxectranspoorte

Quote from: VS on December 25, 2008, 09:42:39 AM
Today's latest is history next week.

That's right, cause the New Years coming...  ;) :D :D :D :D

DirrrtyDirk

Don't you just love it when people listen?  ::)  ;)  ;D

Quote from: emaxectranspoorte on December 25, 2008, 01:03:16 PM
I'm using version 100.1 pak128 and have all the latest I need.

100.0 was r1868 - after that 100.1 started... and we are now at r2182 in SVN - that's over 300 different versions of 100.1 - the oldest almost six months old by now. Also in 2160, some major changes took place and there are some (major) bugs yet to be fixed with these, so I'd recommend not to actually play with them. (Testing is ok!)

You see why it can be very important about telling us the full version number?

Same is true for pak128 - there are also "nightly" (just bi-weekly now) versions, and they all have release numbers as well. So if there's a problem, it is important for us to know whether it is something really new or something we might have already fixed (or maybe that we messed something up in the latest changes and need to repair it).

So PLEASE: don't talk about "the latest", just give us some hard numbers to work with. PLEASE!

EDIT: Also no double-posting please!

gauthier

A new official release is needed, There are many problems with MLM dev. with the depot and the toolbar :/

(sorry I was away last week but ... MERRRRY CHRISTMAAAAAAAAS !!!)

DirrrtyDirk

What happened? Didn't it all work before? Ok, the maglev icons and toolbar should now be part of pak128 already, so your menuconf.tab and such should no longer be needed, but what happened on the depot? I thought that already worked?

gauthier

When I created the MLM depot, It couldn't be built because of the error message "mkz_depot" .........

But it was fixed in more recent nightly.

The problem is that many ones are currently using the first 100.0 release and it doesn't work on this version :/

DirrrtyDirk

Well, all I can say is: it works without problems here, with "the latest" versions*.  ;) SCNR

*) => Simutrans 100.1 r2184 and pak128 r306 - just with the things from MLM_dev.zip (the one linked in the first post of this thread - and no new menuconf.tab needed!)

borja

Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on December 27, 2008, 12:41:16 AM
Well, all I can say is: it works without problems here, with "the latest" versions*.  ;) SCNR

*) => Simutrans 100.1 r2184 and pak128 r306 - just with the things from MLM_dev.zip (the one linked in the first post of this thread - and no new menuconf.tab needed!)

Ok! Now it works good, thanks, the trains are beautiful!!

gauthier

Quotethe trains are beautiful!!

thanks  ;)

I think that the nicer is the TR-08 because it's the only one that I have full made with photofiltre, the others are made both with paint and photofiltre.

If you have some request or idea about MLM dev. you can say it ... you MUST say it ;)

emaxectranspoorte

Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on December 27, 2008, 12:41:16 AM

Dirk, guess what ... this may seem odd :-\ ... to you, but your sarcasm is gladly appreciated.  :o  :D

I'm learning from it, if that's what I'm supposed to do.  :) :-\

gauthier, I'll feedback you on the MLM developments, as well, if that's allright with you. (after I see that they're working... :):)

DirrrtyDirk

Well, you can believe it or not - I am actually really trying to help people here as much as I can - with or without sarcasm.

I try to keep sarcasm (or the other bad things my short temper sometimes comes up with) away as good as I can. But when I tell someone that "the latest" is not sufficient information and that we need the full version numbers to be able to really help (which I had already said quite often in the past)... and about 12 hours later, even in the very same thread, someone else does the same thing once again...  >:( Well, that's one of those things that tend to get me a little irritated once in a while... This time it did, as you may have noticed from my answers. ;)

So, I'm sorry if I stepped on your (or anyone else's) toes there. But I wouldn't bet any money on me not doing it again in the same situation... (ask around!)  ;D

emaxectranspoorte

Quote from: borja on December 27, 2008, 12:45:07 PM
Ok! Now it works good, thanks, the trains are beautiful!!

No they aren't, as I don't have any, yet! :o ::) :D (version 100.0 pak128.306 r2184 nightly)

But they really are from what is seen from the SNFOS MLM Developments website and the screenshots at the start of this thread.  8) ;)  :)  8)

Edit: allright, if that's how it is :-\ then  :-\ , I'll wait for next simutrans version stable, it think it's gonna be 100.1 pak64 and also pak128, since you allready got 100.1 nightlies, I guess!  :-\  :-\  :-\

And ... the city of Brentham has no type of Coal Mine to supply the Coal Power Station! :o ::)

gauthier

Check if you haven't deleted MLM files when replacing your pak128.

DirrrtyDirk

Quote from: emaxectranspoorte on December 28, 2008, 05:34:37 AM
(version 100.1 r2184 nightly pak128.306)

Remember: be precise, please!

And what year do you play in? Standard starting year is 1930 - and you probably won't find any maglev then.

Just use a clean, new folder for pak128 (r306) and then unzip the .pak files from MLM_dev.zip there (among the other pak files).

emaxectranspoorte

Quote from: emaxectranspoorte on December 28, 2008, 05:34:37 AM
No they aren't, as I don't have any, yet! :o ::) :D (version 100.0 pak128.306 r2184 nightly)

But they really are from what is seen from the SNFOS MLM Developments website and the screenshots at the start of this thread.  8) ;)  :)  8)

Edit: allright, if that's how it is :-\ then  :-\ , I'll wait for next simutrans version stable, it think it's gonna be 100.1 pak64 and also pak128, since you allready got 100.1 nightlies, I guess!  :-\  :-\  :-\

And ... the city of Brentham has no type of Coal Mine to supply the Coal Power Station! :o ::)

No, everything is fine, now. :) I had two pak128. ::) One from 100.0 and one from 100.1. :D I am really sorry and/or apologize for causing you (Dirk and gauthier) so much trouble. ;) :)

I Thank You All For Your Help In This Matter. :) 8) :)

Václav

I found in Maglev trains one big mistake and some minor ones.

It is OK that freight trains have not set retire year - but all passanger and post trains (locomotives and cars for people and post) have set retire year. So ever after year 2075 trains for people and post are not available (while I don't switch view obsolete vehicles on).

So: Please prepare one another train for people and post - and don't set retire year to it - I think preparing cars for people and post is sufficient because locomotives are still available. Speed about 600 km/h (fusion powered freight locomotives) is sufficient.

When you transport only people, then passenger wagons and passenger engines are OK, but when you transport also post, then separating transportation of post from transportation of people is needed (better than transporting of both goods together - when post transportation is on very high level).

I have been preparing one locomotive for classical trains since yesterday, so after success introducing of this vehicle into game I will improve it also for maglev (including preparing special wagons for it - it is needed for shape compatibility with locomotives). I think it will be much more beautiful than Aero and Zephyr or Eole.

Also you would improve capacity (and speed) of some freight wagons up. Some wagons have lesser capacity than wheel ones (for example wagons for oil/petrol and cheimicals). So this makes some trains on very long tracks profitless. Also some wagons make whole train to go by lesser speed than it could whenever else.

Final one will be mixture between this

colours and two parts, something from shape

and this

only shape

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

emaxectranspoorte

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on January 12, 2009, 10:04:23 AM

Speed about 600 km/h (fusion powered freight locomotives) is sufficient.

Could you please include a turbo jet one, as well? If possible...

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on January 12, 2009, 10:04:23 AM
Also you would improve capacity (and speed) of some freight wagons up. Some wagons have lesser capacity than wheel ones (for example wagons for oil/petrol and cheimicals). So this makes some trains on very long tracks profitless. Also some wagons make whole train to go by lesser speed than it could whenever else.

Yes, but mostly the profit problem happens to me mostly, when transporting paper, (in piece goods) both in freight maglevs and normal freight trains, trees (logs) from a timber planatation only for freight maglevs (I'll edit this post for more). And only for freight maglevs for other types of transportation, as you said.

gauthier

I thought to your problems but :
QuoteIt is OK that freight trains have not set retire year - but all passanger and post trains (locomotives and cars for people and post) have set retire year. So ever after year 2075 trains for people and post are not available (while I don't switch view obsolete vehicles on).
Playing until 2034 is already rare, until 2075 ... There isn't anything interesting in these times  :-\

QuoteAlso you would improve capacity (and speed) of some freight wagons up. Some wagons have lesser capacity than wheel ones (for example wagons for oil/petrol and cheimicals). So this makes some trains on very long tracks profitless. Also some wagons make whole train to go by lesser speed than it could whenever else.
the speed : 300 and 500 km/h are already very fast for goods.
the capacity : the speed of goods maglevs compensate the capacity.

Solutions : disable the retire date of Ultima, make two sets of goods wagons, the first with the current capacities and a better that will complete the already existing goods, cooling and milk wagons mk2 for Cirrus nuclear fusion engine.

I will do it. I'm currently busy with homeworks, lessons to learn ... (high school ...) and other projects, high buildings and extended rail stations for several eras like bus stops. But I won't forget your request ;)

Václav

Quote from: gauthier on January 12, 2009, 06:00:52 PM
Playing not until 2034 is already rare, until 2075 ... There isn't anything interesting in these times  :-\
after, not until; yes, it could be right when you don't use maglevs.

the capacity : the speed of goods maglevs compensate the capacity.
but on very long tracks (for example //based on real world//: from Krakow to Szczecin; both cities are in Poland) higher speed doesn't compensate capacity because running costs are too high.

I played on map of Czech republic
//screen from time before end of that game - while I ended few years after, tracks site was not changed much//

and there I needed to transport steel from from big city on the east of map to small city on the south-west of map and train was not able to make money for return journey (and so that link was profitless). And from same city (big city on the east of map) I needed to transport beer to small city by confluence of four rivers into one and this train was profitless too (while it made more money than train with steel).

Solutions : disable the retire date of Ultima, make two sets of goods wagons, the first with the current capacities and a better that will complete the already existing goods, cooling and milk wagons mk2 for Cirrus nuclear fusion engine.

I think disabling retire year from Ultima could be good but better solution for passengers and post could be my machine - one locomotive (not able to carry anything) on each end of train and wagons between both locomotives (for post and passengers; also enpowered for train could go very fast).

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

gauthier

I heven't forgotten you request Vaclav but I'm currently working on High buildings  :o

I just saw that YOU, yes all you, members, guests, ... downloaded MLM dev. 249 times !
Thanks a lot  :D