News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

MLM developements !

Started by gauthier, August 30, 2008, 05:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qayyum

I suggest make the bulk freight cars have a some sort of protection on the top because what can you expect when your coal's being blown at top speed? >:(
ALLMYCONTENTISPUBLICDOMAINBUTNOEXPLOITATION

Simutrans - the open source Transport Tycoon Deluxe clone.

DarknesS

The game closes here when i try to put a depot, the game shows a fatal error and close

Anyone Know why?

-=Viciado no Photoshop Cs2 e no Simutrans!=-

DirrrtyDirk

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

DarknesS

Sorry, i writed wrong, the game crashes when i try to put the MLM depot. (sorry for the english, i am brazilian)

EDIT: I will try the file

EDIT 2: The game still crashing, here is the screen of the error

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/8625/novoaimagemdebitmapkw9.jpg

My pc is a windows XP

-=Viciado no Photoshop Cs2 e no Simutrans!=-

DirrrtyDirk

That's 100.0 - I think you might need a nightly for that to work properly.

Erik

I had this problem also.
See page 2 of this topic.

DirrrtyDirk

You are probably referring to the post I already linked for him. But he said he tried with that file and it still did not work.

Erik

Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on September 17, 2008, 03:44:45 PM
You are probably referring to the post I already linked for him. But he said he tried with that file and it still did not work.

Yes, Sorry for the obscure.
I mean the replay's from the top of page 2. Not about the missing file.

DarkmensS has exactly the problem as I had.

Quote from: gauthier on September 04, 2008, 05:05:18 PM
Don't hesitate tell me here bugs that you may see  ;)

I have forgotten to say it : megnetic depot only works with r1973 (and probably higher).

My question was. "Where could I download r1973"

The answer:
Quote from: Sturmfeder on September 05, 2008, 04:02:38 PM
you can download the nightly builds from here http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=24.0

I had download r2002 and this was the solution.

gauthier

For you, are original color vehicles very important ?

Václav

Quote from: gauthier on September 20, 2008, 01:03:03 PM
For you, are original color vehicles very important ?

I don't know who is interested in original colors but I think it is irrelevant. Some trains are lookong much better in player colors - than in original.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Václav

Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on September 16, 2008, 09:38:42 PM
That's 100.0 - I think you might need a nightly for that to work properly.

I don't know nightly build 1029 I downloaded few moments ago but there is bug in 1022: if you will start setting new route , you can choose the first station as at last times but then you cannot set how much vehicles will be full. Also you cannot choose the second station if anything disturb you from completing of setting of new route.

But I am not sure how much it is done by translation to my language. May be that bug is not in english or other language versions (... but I would  like to play in czech for ever after).

gauthier

I made a mistake in my quesion, I would say if player color is important.

After reading your reply, I think you prefer player color so I will keep the both colors.

gauthier

I have remade Original color vehicles except Nuclear Fusion Engine of Cirrus, I have updated the .zip file wich contains :
_ MLM stations
_ MLM stations adapted to railroads
_ station extensions (completed !)
_ original colors vehicles remade (NFE has not been remade yet so the new NFE is ... a TR-08 car, sorry sorry sorry, I made the zip file quickly and I forgot it.)
_ magnetic signals
_ magnetic depot (with relade walls)

the zip file doesn't contain Player color vehicles !!!

Václav

Better face in player colors? It is related to vehicle. Some ones are looking better in original color and some ones not. But I understand original colored vehicles can be created much easily than player colored ones.

... but my favourite color is blue.

And by the way: why don't create underground stations for maglev? For classic trains are available by Timothy (London underground 706 addon but there is minor bug in stations's underground background).

I found one big advantage of maglev (this is related only to TransRapid, I have not built anything else yet): unlimited length of bridges. So I think some planes routes and also only one ship route will not make money very soon.

gauthier

QuoteBetter face in player colors? It is related to vehicle. Some ones are looking better in original color and some ones not. But I understand original colored vehicles can be created much easily than player colored ones.

Player colored vehicles will be more defficult because of anti-aliasing so don't wait them for soon ...

QuoteAnd by the way: why don't create underground stations for maglev? For classic trains are available by Timothy (London underground 706 addon but there is minor bug in stations's underground background).

You give me more work  ;D

QuoteI found one big advantage of maglev (this is related only to TransRapid, I have not built anything else yet): unlimited length of bridges. So I think some planes routes and also only one ship route will not make money very soon.

??? My bridges have all a length limit, your game is strange  ???

Václav

Quote from: gauthier on September 22, 2008, 05:12:36 PM
??? My bridges have all a length limit, your game is strange  ???

For that I must ask for the highest number of game tiles for length. How long bridges can be? May be I did not build bridge so long to game can call me max length (because in menu game does not call max length).

gauthier

TransRapid and MLM have max_length = 8 and AMT has 12

Václav

So it is very crazy because I used main bridge and it is much more longer what I built than eight tiles.

And here is something special only for you, Gauthier - new sign for SNFOS:

I prepared two similar versions. I made it because sign in the topic begin is looking terrible to me.

gauthier

QuoteI made it because sign in the topic begin is looking terrible to me.
We (seb444 and me) aren't good at graphics  ;D
Thanks very much, I'm going to talk about it in SNFOS forum.
They are beautiful, I like the colors  ;)
It's a wonderful surprise  :)

vilvoh

I like the logo but the letters are difficult to read. You may make them wider.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Qayyum

Or better, make it black ::) since the background is already colorful.
ALLMYCONTENTISPUBLICDOMAINBUTNOEXPLOITATION

Simutrans - the open source Transport Tycoon Deluxe clone.

Václav

Quote from: vilvoh on September 25, 2008, 05:57:18 PM
I like the logo but the letters are difficult to read. You may make them wider.
Wider? I can enlarge background to be wide 600 px as original sign was. Then letters could be wider and higher (with same rate of width and height) and so they could be not so difficult to read.

Quote from: Qayyum on September 25, 2008, 06:33:00 PM
Or better, make it black ::) since the background is already colorful.
I am not sure black colour for text could be the best solution - but transparent text is not quite good idea while it has this size.

vilvoh

Well, I'm not talking about widen the background, but widen the letters to make them thicker, and therefore easier to read... :-\

tfosorcim

gauthier

No, it doesn't.
99.** releases don't have maglev_track, they only have monorail_track.

Mac_#71

I have a problem: the vehicle engine Cirrus Nuclear fusion is not as it should be! :o :o
look here! :o

La supposizione è la madre di TUUUTTE le stronzate...
Ricordatevelo!

The assumption is the mother of ALL the **** ...
Remember!

gauthier

I have said it, I quickly rebuilt vehicles and just forgot remake NFE so as I used a TR-08 shape to scale Cirrus, NFE had the shape ... of TR-08 car xD

Don't worry, I have finished remaking AMT and start remaking TransRapid way, the NFE has been drawn, stations have been remade. The next release (probably the final) will be built soon. For instant, I go to bed because I have a long studies day tomorrow ;)

PS : signals have been remade too, elevated and ground ones has now a concrete texture to avoid the "far to clean concrete" ;)

PS² : Sorry some Mk2 cars of Cirrus have pictures problems.

Václav

I understood what you thought, vilvoh. So here is new version based on your idea.

vilvoh

imho, much better now. The last detail... ;D... in reference to the F in the midle, I would use only two colors, blue at right side and red at left side, to get a contrast. The white strip in the midle produces an strange effect. Perhaps, it may be because the central part of the Lys flower is white and the F has a stripe in the middle which is also white.

Václav

And here are another two versions.

The first one is based on your last idea, Vilvoh.
The second one is mix between original one (yellow colour of lily) and my version #1 what was chosen by Gauthier to be new sign for SNFOS.

vilvoh

Both are very good. well done! ....Just one doubt, Have you used the Lys flower as a pattern to set the colors of the letters?

Václav

Quote from: vilvoh on September 30, 2008, 09:56:39 AM
Both are very good. well done! ....Just one doubt, Have you used the Lys flower as a pattern to set the colors of the letters?
Yes, originally I used flag of France as pattern for filling of letters and Lys flower by those colours.

gauthier

Quoteoriginally I used flag of France as pattern for filling of letters

Where did you found the flag ? The blue is darker on the French flag but I like much the blue you used ;)

Very nice, do you plan painting other logos ? (I'm already satisfied but I want know if I can choose now :p )