News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

gift.physik.tu-berlin.de

Started by prissi, September 04, 2010, 10:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwachs

Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Frank

no, actual download on Nightly-Page is 'pak64 328'

'pak64 325' can not download

prissi

Yesterday it was still 325. Aparently changes are only compiled after a few days. I need to ask Werner about update frequency.

DirrrtyDirk

If my memory seves me correct, pakset nightlies are created once a week, in the night between sunday and monday.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Frank

Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on October 25, 2010, 06:27:56 PM
If my memory seves me correct, pakset nightlies are created once a week, in the night between sunday and monday.

correct, Monday morning European time

since one year or longer

prissi

Since the game has some serious desync errors without any real reason, the game is stopped anyway. I will start a new one with the current pak set soon.

IgorEliezer

I'm getting constant "Server busy" errors. :/

prissi

Somebody paused the server and logged off. I think, only public player will allow to pause a game in networkmode.

Server restarted, still old release.

IgorEliezer

Just a note:

I joined as Human player, and I was able to pause the game twice.

prissi

Yes, in this version everybody can pause the server ...

prissi

Server again frozen. Will be Online tomorrow again.

prissi

online again, with newest nightly (from monday)

acki

Hi, Id like to join but I got the newer nightly; 64 r332;
any chance you'll be updating soon? Or can I still find 331M somewhere...?

prissi

YOu can try to join manually. Load a game from "net:gift.physik.tu-berlin.de" If you do not disconnect soon, you can try playing. (Your executable should match to make this more likely. YOu can get older executables from the nightly page.)

prissi

Had some issues with bankrupsy while convois were in depots. Should now run ok, with -3959.

IgorEliezer

Just joined as, say, spectator (I miss a spectator mode :/). I took some screenshots to show you all how this gameserver is going on:

prissi

Server computer crashed. Since this game was pretty well developed, I will start a new map, testing the current nightly.

You can download the final stage from http://www.physik.tu-berlin.de/~prissi/simutrans/server-network-final-18112010.sve

123abc

Can Prissi AG make that stop Public so I can transport People on that line?

prissi

Sorry, server crashed. REsumed server, but new game will start on Monday.

@123abc: Which stop? Please be more specific!

prissi

jap train fan

how do i get proper language files for my nightlies

Dwachs

.. they are contained in the all-inclusive-zips at the nightly builds download page.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

jap train fan

how do i join the game without being a spectator

prissi

Use the player dialogue tool: Change to an unclaimed player or create a new player (human) and activate it (left box). You should then change its name and password using the green box to the right.

jap train fan

wollywell

HI, I´m playing simutrans for a while, but i´m interested in network play. :police:
Could someone tell me with versions of game and paks i need and where to download ???
I´m german. ;)
thx a lot :)

Xelofino

Hello All

Im writing this topic in german for Wollywell. If you want to know it too than use google translator for a translation.

Hallo Wollywell

In dem Nachfolgenden Link findest du den Beitrag von mir im Deutschen Simutrans Forum. Es ist sehr aus ausfügrlich geschrieben denn ich selber hatte auch eine Ewigkeit um es zum laufen zu bringen.
Achtung! Die Links sind nicht mehr aktuell. Muss ich mal nachholen. Auf der Nightly Builds seite musst du die Nightly downloaden die für das Spielen notwendig ist welche meisstens die neueste ist. Du musst ausserdem immer auf dem laufenden sein. Wenn du die Nightly startest und ein spiel auswählst dann zeigt es dir auch was du zum spielen brauchst. Wenn du diese dinge nicht hasst kannst du dem Spiel nicht beitreten.

Genug geredet

Link: http://www.simutrans-forum.de/forum/thread.php?threadid=5832

Wenn du noch fragen hast dann log dich im DSF ein und schreibe die Frage einfach in meinen Beitrag

Xelofino

prissi

Now the server gets more an more instable. Since a lot of bugs are fixed and r333 pak64 is not available any more, I restarted the game with r4013 and pak64 r334.

You can find the old savegame under http://www.physik.tu-berlin.de/~prissi/simutrans/server-network-final-09122010.sve

wollywell

Hi, I just wanted to start playing on this server, but I couldn´t create a company for me.
is joining disabled? or how will I get my company there?
thx a lot,
wolly

Got it worked, but server isn´t reachable but on http://simutrans-germany.com/serverlist is online notated
<-- trikkytrans ;-)

prissi

I was away two days and current server version seems a little unstable. Restarted.

Fifty

Prissi and other players of this netgame: Is the server working? I connected yesterday and started a company (Central Transport, purple). Thanks to all who have made this great feature possible! I have checked and I have the correct Executable (r 4013) and pak file (r 334) and my internet connection is working, but simutrans has told me for the last 30 minutes that the server did not respond. I have tried restarting simutrans and my computer.
Why do we park on the driveway and drive on the parkway?

prissi

The server is restarted, but the server is close to its physical limit (two 400 MHz Pentium Pros, and after midnight a backup will be running.) Not sure how long it will be able to keep up.

As a warning: The server will not be available after friday 18h until monday 6h, since the university is physically moving its network node connecting (involving physical rerouting of 1200 fibre cables). Lets hope, the get them reconnected in time.

prissi

Server restarted with revision 4047 and pak 334 with new map.

Please find the old game under http://www.physik.tu-berlin.de/~prissi/simutrans/server-network-final-14122010.sve

Xelofino

hello everyone

how long will this map be online? Is there a problem if i join too? I could take the remaining cities which are not connected yet.
What do you think?

Xelofino