News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

gift.physik.tu-berlin.de

Started by prissi, September 04, 2010, 10:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prissi

The server will be physically disconnected at Friday 18h. (At least the main gateway to tu-berlin.de) It might be an auxilary gateway still working.

I usually restart the game every five day to a week, to have at least a single server for gametesting.

prissi

There seems to be still a connection. DNS will fail soon, then try 130.149.161.56 as IP number.

prissi

Since pak64 updated and chat is now saved => new game with current nighly (r4076) and pak64 r341.

Old game saved under http://www.physik.tu-berlin.de/~prissi/simutrans/server-network-final-20122010.sve

Xelofino

Hey

I can't join ???
I've downloaded latest nightly (today's) and latest pa64 (r341) But when i want to join the game it says that that i havent got the right pakset :o

Have others the same problem or am i stupid to put a simple pak set in the folder?

Xelofino

P.S: What means chat is saved?

Edit: Thanks Prissi :D. Now its going and i joined and made a player (if there is no probelm :P)

prissi

You have to delete the old pak set. Do not copy over, as this will not generate the right data, as some files were removed. (The find mismatches will probably tell you, that Br45-tender is on client but not on server.)

And the server send games with version 110.0, which contains the message windows history (at least the last 2000 messages) THus it will contain a lot of the chat going on before actually joining the server.

Xelofino

Server down?

Xelofino

P.S:Cool map ;)

prissi

Restarted. And thanks, I invest at least half an hour in such maps.

Xelofino

What is going on? :o

I was just deleted from yesterday to today?
Now there makes no longer sense that i play...

Xelofino

Fifty

@Xelofino I think you were deleted because you went bankrupt, which means that your net wealth dipped below zero. I noticed when playing last night that you were losing money each month, primarily because of high maintenance, and the fact that you did not connect with prissi's public station to send passengers elsewhere.

@TestTransport, do you plan to use your rail line? I am thinking of building a railroad south from Wipperfurth which would include some of your covered towns.

Fifty, President of DBINF, Inc.
Why do we park on the driveway and drive on the parkway?

prissi

THe server is without freeplay. Bankrupt companies will be deleted. Happend to me too during first attempt.

Xelofino

yesterday i connected and started playing. It didn't crash for a wile and than when i was near to complete my network and use more trains the server went down. After 10 minutes looking if something will happen i wrote in the forum and 1 hour later prissi restarted the server. Then i had to shut down the computer and went to bed because i must wake up at 6 o clock to go to school. It wasn't possible to make my network better because the server chrashed and when it was online again i could play. i worried what will happen but that i will be deleted it would never come to my mind.

Xelofino

rfg123

I started playing on this server, but I seem to get desyncs frequently. It was not as bad before, but now I cannot seem to stay connected for more than a minute or two before losing it. Any way I can fix this?

Fifty

Hello. On December 27th, I will be on a trip away from an internet connection. This means that I will no longer be able to maintain my company, DBINF, Inc. Because I am the largest transporter by far on this map (605,411 passengers moved last year), and control most east coast assets, I will be happy to change my password and give the company to someone else to keep this game going. The company has revenues of over 15 million a year, has profits between 6 and 7 million a year, has over 70 million in the bank, has been in business since 1921, and has a pretty nice network. Please, if you are interested, reply here!

@rfg123 - Yes, I have had a large number of desyncs today as well. I don't know what is going on. (You are trikky transport, right?) I am also closing Neuss Transfer, so plan accordingly.

@prissi - I should have my network in hannover connected to the dock today, so you can remove your inner city network

Merry Christmas to all! Fifty.

rfg123

Quote from: Fifty on December 24, 2010, 05:30:26 PM@rfg123 - Yes, I have had a large number of desyncs today as well. I don't know what is going on. (You are trikky transport, right?) I am also closing Neuss Transfer, so plan accordingly.

Actually I am H-Trans Ltd. I have a small empire in the central region the west island.

Fifty

Oh, sorry. Well whoever is Trikky should know that Neuss transfer is officially closed. Do you want my Eicholz-Oberhausen coal route? I don't really need it and it may come in handy for transporting passengers between your western assets and Zalbach.

prissi

The server will reset to a new game as usual on Monday morning (27.), when the new pak comes out.

Fifty

Server appears to be down again, I am getting the usual "server did not respond" message.

On a side note, there seems to be some problems when two players things are on one tile. For example in Hannover, If someone has a bus stop, another player can build and run trams, but cannot remove the old tram tracks (But can remove the electrification). Another issue is when a way is under a bridge with removable pillars, the tile under the bridge cannot be deleted unless the other player removes the pillars. For both of these issues, the remove track tool does not help.

prissi

EDIT: game seems broken on server (unreadable, on tile with zillions of ways) Restarted the map.

Yes, there are some issues with ownership previously not covered. Please file a bug report, whenever you find them.

prissi

As on every monday: Server resetted, now running new map (this time form 1960 on) using pak64 r352 and program version 4136.

Old map is at http://www.physik.tu-berlin.de/~prissi/simutrans/server-network-final-03012011.sve

Fifty

After another client, I think H-Trans, joined the server, I got desynced, and the server appears to have gone down again.

Also posted bug report for problems above http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=6579.msg63246;topicseen#msg63246

prissi

Server restarted. Seems a gameinfo came at the same time as join command. However, I am not sure this was really the reason for the crash.

Warning: network_check_activity():   received cmd id=1 nwc_gameinfo_t from socket[129]
Warning: network_check_activity():   received cmd id=2 nwc_join_t from socket[129]
Warning: network_world_command_t::execute:   do_command 3 at sync_step 1885522 world now at 1885520
Warning: nwc_sync_t::do_command:   sync_steps 1885522
[/quote]

Dwachs

this is the normal procedure. With 'debug 3' one would get more information in the log...

It looks more like a crash during save or load.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

TurfIt

I desynced when trying to remove a taxiway. Upon rejoining, while the game was being transferred from the server, I went to maximize my window and hit the close button by accident. The client went unresponsive and eventually had to be killed. Afterwards the server was in whatever state you found above...

prissi

Fifty

Was able to connect and make a few changes, but then got desynced (actually an internet problem on my end this time), and server appears to be down again. Don't know if it was caused by simutrans, but I got a blue screen of death on my computer; it had entered into sleep mode with simutrans open (But not connected to the server) and the BSoD occurred after exiting sleep mode and attempting to activate simutrans.

prissi

As so often: Server still running, but not responding. Restarted.

rfg123

Server appears to be down again..

prissi

seems again failed during reloading, hmm

prissi

prissi

New map, current revision (r4175) with this weeks pak64 (r356)

Old map can be found here:
http://www.physik.tu-berlin.de/~prissi/simutrans/server-network-final-14012011.sve

Fifty

I can see the server in the game info window, but when I try to connect I get a "Server busy" error message. Time seems to be stalled at October 1968.

prissi

The log is not very telling:

Warning: command: id=32 init=1 defpar=Option 1: Stop the service to Landshut ant the the passengers find another way. flag=0
Warning: nwc_tool_t::rdwr: rdwr id=6 client=0 plnr=5 pos=277,71,0 wkzid=8192 defpar=(null) init=1 exec=0 flags=0
Warning: network_check_activity(): received cmd id=6 nwc_tool_t from socket[133]
Warning: nwc_tool_t::execute: send sync_steps=1673859  wkz=8192 init
Warning: nwc_tool_t::rdwr: rdwr id=6 client=3 plnr=5 pos=277,71,0 wkzid=8192 defpar=(null) init=1 exec=1 flags=0
Warning: nwc_tool_t::execute: append sync_step=1673859 current sync_step=1673858  wkz=8192 init
Warning: network_world_command_t::execute: do_command 6 at sync_step 1673859 world now at 1673858
Warning: nwc_tool_t::do_command: steps 1673859 wkz 8192 init
Warning: command: id=0 init=1 defpar=(null) flag=0
Warning: nwc_tool_t::rdwr: rdwr id=6 client=0 plnr=5 pos=275,72,0 wkzid=8224 defpar=Option 2: Establish a direct connection from Landshut to wherever-they-want-to-go. init=1 exec=0 flags=0
Warning: network_check_activity(): received cmd id=6 nwc_tool_t from socket[133]
Warning: nwc_tool_t::execute: send sync_steps=1673860  wkz=8224 init
Warning: nwc_tool_t::rdwr: rdwr id=6 client=3 plnr=5 pos=275,72,0 wkzid=8224 defpar=Option 2: Establish a direct connection from Landshut to wherever-they-want-to-go. init=1 exec=1 flags=0
Warning: nwc_tool_t::execute: append sync_step=1673860 current sync_step=1673859  wkz=8224 init
Warning: network_world_command_t::execute: do_command 6 at sync_step 1673860 world now at 1673859
Warning: nwc_tool_t::rdwr: rdwr id=6 client=0 plnr=4 pos=177,147,-2 wkzid=8224 defpar=Option 2: Build and Co-operate a high speed line Schwerin-Chemniz init=1 exec=0 flags=0
Warning: network_check_activity(): received cmd id=6 nwc_tool_t from socket[5]
Warning: nwc_tool_t::rdwr: rdwr id=6 client=1 plnr=4 pos=177,147,-2 wkzid=8224 defpar=Option 2: Build and Co-operate a high speed line Schwerin-Chemniz init=1 exec=1 flags=0
Warning: nwc_tool_t::execute: append sync_step=1673860 current sync_step=1673859  wkz=8224 init
Warning: network_world_command_t::execute: do_command 6 at sync_step 1673860 world now at 1673859
Warning: network_receive_data: connection [116] already closed
Warning: network_check_activity(): received cmd id=1 nwc_gameinfo_t from socket[116]
Warning: network_check_activity(): received cmd id=2 nwc_join_t from socket[116]
Warning: network_check_activity(): received cmd id=1 nwc_gameinfo_t from socket[116]
Warning: network_check_activity(): received cmd id=2 nwc_join_t from socket[116]
Warning: network_receive_data: connection [5] already closed
Warning: network_check_activity(): received cmd id=1 nwc_gameinfo_t from socket[5]
Warning: network_check_activity(): received cmd id=2 nwc_join_t from socket[5]
Warning: nwc_tool_t::rdwr: rdwr id=6 client=0 plnr=5 pos=275,72,0 wkzid=8224 defpar=OMG, I apologize for my spelling. init=1 exec=0 flags=0
Warning: nwc_tool_t::rdwr: rdwr id=6 client=3 plnr=5 pos=275,72,0 wkzid=8224 defpar=OMG, I apologize for my spelling. init=1 exec=1 flags=0
Warning: network_receive_data: connection [133] already closed
Warning: network_check_activity(): received cmd id=1 nwc_gameinfo_t from socket[5]

Restarted.

prissi

NB: The pakset compare really bloates the log files ...

Fifty

Same issue occurred again. Like last time, time was paused upon a client's rejoin and the server never unpaused; I just closed out of simutrans and now I get the error message.