News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

1024x1024 map with approx 600 lines and 24 mil deliveries/year

Started by Erniii, October 21, 2010, 05:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erniii

Hello,

I wanted to show you something I have been working on recently. The map stared as 128x128 and with out any cities/industries, which I have set on the map and grown to at least 15k citizens as public player. When the base of my network was ready I expanded the map to full size and let the game place the cities/industries itself.

It includes all transport types (except planes) with pressure on railroads and maglevs. Except the first 40 cities the rest has only 1 station/stop each but with full station coverage as I often connected them together plus I changes the station coverage from 2 to 4.

I will upload a save game as soon as I have my laptop back.

Enjoy

vilvoh

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

An_dz

That's the most insane map I ever saw. Great job.
How many cities are there? I think my computer can't even run a game that big. Crap PC :P
Humm.. but maybe my notebook can.

ӔO

how long did it take to setup all the lines?
that's the most tedious thing for me in the game  :o
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

Erniii

Thank you all :)

It took me almost a full year to build it. It could be done a lot faster but I don't have too much free time so sometimes I have breaks in playing for few weeks.

At the moment there are 6mil citizens allocated to 696 cities. About 70% of the cities are connected via a spoke-hub distribution system for passengers, which uses mainly maglevs for communication between hubs and high capacity local trains. All goods are distributed from point to point but all rails are connected to one mail line so you can transport any good from any part of the map without extending the network.

I will post a new screenshot once I lay the infrastructure in the north east part of the map and create first 2 or 3 hubs. Oh and a save game will be also later - in case any of you would like to add something to the map and share his vision..

prissi

I would really like to get a savegame. I always need large maps to test the routing system and performance. (And those large maps are usually extremely interesting places just to see them running ... )

MeHazTrainz

Quote from: An_dz on October 22, 2010, 01:06:06 AM
That's the most insane map I ever saw. Great job.
How many cities are there? I think my computer can't even run a game that big. Crap PC :P
Humm.. but maybe my notebook can.

Mine cant even run a 600x600 :(

An_dz

Quote from: Enlighthell on October 23, 2010, 01:17:46 AM
Mine cant even run a 600x600 :(
lololololol Yeahh, Let's rejoin the poor with old PC's :D

How's your specs Enlighthell?
Mine have 1Gb RAM, AMD 1.67 GHz, and a 128Mb Video Card(old AGP :P)

Quote from: prissi on October 22, 2010, 06:44:40 PM
I always need large maps to test the routing system and performance.
WOW a test on a map that complex will be really cool, Simutrans can improve a lot. Or not Simutrans is almost in perfection. ;D

Erniii

As promised I am uploading the save game file. I am using  pak64 version 102.2.1 with the following addons (all can be found here http://addons.simutrans.com/?pak=64&cat=All&todo=search on the bottom of the page)
-Soft Drink Industry Chain
-Alchohol Industry
-Computer Industry
-Nuclear Power Industry
-LNBC Vehicles I
-LNBC Vehicles II

The save game file is here: http://rapidshare.com/files/427140950/Duza_mapa.sve

I think that you will need to change in simuconf.tab file the coverage area of a station to 4

If I missed any info let me know.

If someone plays the game, for example connect the north-eastern part of the map to the network, post some pictures :)

Have fun!

ET

MeHazTrainz

Quote from: An_dz on October 23, 2010, 02:21:20 AM
How's your specs Enlighthell?
My PC has  1.93 Gb RAM, AMD 64X2 2.10 GHz, and a nvidia geforce 6150se <<<worst graphic card ever! :(
But maybe by January I will have a better computer.. Cause I got this computer....
long ago and I want a new computer just for myself :D

prissi

Actually, this game is not very CPU demanding. I can still fast forward at more than 50 on an average 1800 dual core.

VictorKoehler

Download of the PAK64.Brasil b3ta here

Erniii

Here is the link to the save game http://www.filedropper.com/duzamapa1

This is a new save with 650 lines and 27 million deliveries/year. I have also built most of the passenger transport infrastructure in the north-east part of the map. Take a look at the screen below

The general idea is to add rapidly a few million of passengers to the existing network in a very short period of time. This will be done by maglevs for long distance deliveries and monorail for local. To make profit on such an expensive mean of transport I will add about 10k of inhabitants of each city in the northeast of the map to ensure heavy traffic.

This is a picture of an intersection that I'm going to test on how it reacts to high traffic. I didn't have time to add any lines though so I will post a save game once everything is working

ӔO

you could tunnel through the bottom to make a 4 stack interchange.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

Erniii

Quote from: AEO on November 20, 2010, 11:09:26 PM
you could tunnel through the bottom to make a 4 stack interchange.

I couldn't do that because there are no tunnels for maglevs in simutrans, but I think this will do.

KneeOn

I love huge maps, looking at that minimap made me sick though! Its so confusing and complicated looking at all those lines...

Well done, and please continue to post updates!

electroduck

The new link does not work either.
### EDIT ###
A while ago I downloaded save, somehow.
Now I have been working on it for a while, connecting more cities and factories, and making LOTS of Maglevs.
Here is my save: http://www.electroduck.com/simutrans/Duza_mapa1.sve
EAT BASE 64!
$TXkgbmFtZSBpcyBlbGVjdHJvZHVjay4NCllvdSBjYW4gdmlzaXQgbXkgd2ViIHNpdGUgYXQgaHR0cDovL3d3dy5lbGVjdHJvZHVjay5jb20vDQpJIGxpa2UgRG9mdXMgYW5kIFNpbXV0cmFucy4=

Erniii

Hey Electroduck - nice to hear that you decided to work on my map. I downloaded the file but when I try to load this save game my simutrans freezes.

Did you add any addons? What is the version of simutrans that you use?

Please upload a photo of the changes you have applied. It would be best if you could upload the overview map :)

TheUniqueTiger

Quite an amazing map!!! Thats the wonderful Simutrans for you... From extreme simplicity to maximum complexity, small maps or large maps... I love Simutrans!!!
Rapidshare says file deleted, Filedropper redirects to homepage... If possible someone please upload to some reliable host like Mediafire. I wish to download the original map.

electroduck

Quote from: Erniii on February 05, 2011, 12:05:08 AM
Hey Electroduck - nice to hear that you decided to work on my map. I downloaded the file but when I try to load this save game my simutrans freezes.

Did you add any addons? What is the version of simutrans that you use?

Please upload a photo of the changes you have applied. It would be best if you could upload the overview map :)
here is the pak i used: http://www.electroduck.com/simutrans/pak.zip

(Circa Nov 17 2006)

(Circa March 1 2011)
PS i have also updated the file linked to in my above post
EDIT: see here for more screens
EAT BASE 64!
$TXkgbmFtZSBpcyBlbGVjdHJvZHVjay4NCllvdSBjYW4gdmlzaXQgbXkgd2ViIHNpdGUgYXQgaHR0cDovL3d3dy5lbGVjdHJvZHVjay5jb20vDQpJIGxpa2UgRG9mdXMgYW5kIFNpbXV0cmFucy4=