News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Can see trains, trucks, busses and planes of all decades

Started by Jack_311, February 01, 2011, 01:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack_311

Hi,

e.g. when playing in the year of 1950, I can see vehicles that are not released before 1951 or later in the depot and I wonder why.

As I'd like to play it realistically, I only want to purchase cars that are really available in that year. But seeing all available cars makes it quite confusing.

Is that a bug?
I'm playing the following versions:
Pak 128 and Simutrans 102.2.2

Thank you.

Combuijs

Do you play with "timeline" on. E.g. do you see "obey era" bottom right in the status bar. If not that would explain your problem.

For your next game, check the "Use timeline" button in the new map dialog.
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

Jack_311

Awesome, thanks! Didn't see that....

Different question:
When I've a busline with lets say 10 busses running. Is there any smart / quick way to replace all busses with a newer bus? Or do I need to send all busses back to the station, sell them, buy new ones, assign the lane and sent them out?

Best

Combuijs

There is not a really smart way, but it can be more simple:

You can sell the bus while driving. Select the bus, click on details and press sell. That will also destroy your passengers. If you don't want to do that, then click the "no load" button. The bus will stop loading new passengers. Once it is empty, you can sell.

You can buy one new bus, assign the line and then press copy convoy until you have enough busses. You have to start them one by one though.
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

prissi

Or
Open Depot window
buy the bus you want
Open line window, select line the busses are running with, click withdraw all
assign line to bus in depot window
make as many copies as you need
start them all

Saves many clicks.

Rebelfish

I think I know the answer to this already, but there's not any way to engage the timeline once a game is created, is there?

TurfIt

Can be done using the 'Settings' dialog. Need to be running a Nightly (http://nightly.simutrans-germany.com/) version of Simutrans, and have a pak with the key bindings defined (or edit menuconf.tab yourself). See http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=6004.0