News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Simutrans-Experimental FAQ?

Started by jamespetts, June 27, 2011, 08:42:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

A query - do people think it worthwhile having a Simutrans-Experimental FAQ, to deal with such things as the "fatal error" on starting (most recently reported here) problem that people sometimes have when upgrading and the standard solution to it, as well as common queries such as "when will Experimental features be implemented in Standard", etc.? I should be interested in any views on this, and, if people are in favour of an FAQ, some ideas as to some of the questions that might go into the document.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

ӔO

I would just put in fixes for common sources of problems, maybe a short explanation on how the scheduling works and the additional pak parameters possible.

I think the two most common problems are that xml file and not separating regular from experimental folders.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

rsdworker

good idea cause its worth to have FAQ cause if i need a look at questions that been answered

Carl

As well as common problem fixes, it might be worth including explanations of features which are unique to Experimental. An example is the convoy spacing function, which took some extensive trial and error before I worked out exactly what it was for/how it worked.