News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Construction time for tunnels

Started by omikron, February 05, 2012, 02:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omikron

Another thing: Would it be possible to make the construction of tunnels a long-term enterpirse? Building a tunnel (as well as a bridge) does take a long time and cannot usually be done within a day or even month as in simutrans. Implementing something like that would obviously make gameplay much more difficult, but maybe also more challening?

omikron

jamespetts

Topics split, as this was no longer about relative pricing information

This is not a bad idea in principle, and one that I have considered before, but if implemented, would have to be in respect of all infrastructure, not tunnels. This would be a major coding project, and is not currently a priority. Hopefully one day, however!
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

omikron

Good to hear. I might follow carlbakers lead and experiment a bit with C++ (once my kids are a bit better and I have more concentration....) to tery to be of any help. We'll see.

omikron

jamespetts

Do! I should be interested to know how you get along.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.